Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
“This Can’t Be Happening!” & Teen Angst plus zombie hero question
01-30-2011, 02:06 PM
“This Can’t Be Happening!” & Teen Angst plus zombie hero question
We had a situation:

At the start of the zombie turn Johnny was in the same Space as Jake and 2 zombies. The zombie player draw Teen Angst & “This Can’t Be Happening!” and wanted to play them both on Johnny. Is this legal? Does it mean that at the end of this zombie turn turn Johnny has 0 fight dices and automatically losses any fights? What if he had a baseball bat or faith? Johnny would lose “This Can’t Be Happening!” at the beginning of he's next turn but in the correct Zombie turn both cards seem to be in play.

Zombie heroes count when calculating the zeds number for spawn roll. But how does this work in 2ZP game when each ZP has it's own zombies? Does the ZPs decide which colour is the ZH? When they shall declare it and is this permanent or can it be changed from turn to tun?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2011, 03:03 PM
RE: “This Can’t Be Happening!” & Teen Angst plus zombie hero question
After looking at This Can't Be Happening and Teen Angst, I see no reason why that would not work in favor of the zp. It is just an unlucky screw job for the hero - take solace in the fact that the zombie fights are split and one of the cards will go away next turn. If Johnny has any weapons that grant extra Fight Dice, he can still use them to get back in the fight to defend himself.

With zombie heroes, we play that the zp that deals the wound that turns the hero controls the zombie hero. You could adopt the zombie horde rule and have the brown zombie player control it on even turns and green on odd turns.
01-30-2011, 03:12 PM
I as wondering whether there is any rule that a hero/zombie can always have at leas 1 fight dice. I asked the same question on bgg forum and sb reply that you always have at least 1 fight dice.

As for the zombie heroes the rule with 'who kills controls' seems to be the most logical and we have played this way :>
01-30-2011, 03:20 PM
As far as I know there is no written rule that you have at least 1 fight dice. To be honest, out of a billion games I've never come to a situation where they HAVEN'T had at least 1, so to be honest, written or not... I would institute a "Fine how'd you do" rule where if a zombie is able to pull it off, that's awesome.

Perhaps make it if he rolls 0 dice, treat his dice make it 1d3 at -2, then 1d2 at -3, etc. ;P
01-30-2011, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2011 07:46 PM by xraine69.)
nevermind, misread something
01-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Seems entirely legit and worth it, even if one of the cards would go away at the beginning of the hero turn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2011, 12:06 PM
In our case we didn't do it (the ZP played Teen Angst on a different student) but it was definitely worth it because Johnny was the 4th hero to kill by the zombies....
02-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Yeah I think that is just a good zombie play
03-02-2011, 09:38 PM
While this seems legal, some of the cards do say "to a minimum of 1" on most effects, i'm guessing Johnny would still keep one of his fight dice, but that would have to be a gamer's call