Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
08-17-2017, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2017 09:47 PM by jeffd1830.)
Smile 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
Included in the Tenth Anniversary Edition:

Playable Hero versions of Previous Townsfolk:

Doc Brody, Country Physician.
Deputy Taylor, Sheriff's Deputy.
Mr. Hyde, The Shop Teacher.
Jeb, The Grease Monkey.

New Scenario: Broken Down.

Included in Hero Pack 2:

Bear, The Biker.
Angela, Cheerleader.
Dr. Yamato, Chemical Engineer.
Maria, Bookworm.

New Scenario: Left Behind.

A breakdown on what I know so far about the abilities of the new heroes...

Brody: 3 hit points. Starts in the Hospital. Keywords: Medical, Male. Special Rules: SURVIVOR - Starts the game with 2 Experience Tokens. COUNTRY REMEDIES - Once per turn, you may spend 1 Experience to do one of the following: * Heal 1 Wound form an other Hero in the same or adjacent space. * Cancel a Zombie Card on the D6 roll of 4+. * Roll an extra Fight Die.

Taylor: 3 hit points. Starts in Random Building. Keywords: Law Enforcement, Male. Special Rules: ON A CALL - Starts the game with a Pump Shotgun. POKING AROUND - Any time he rolls 1 or 2 for Movement, may Search instead, even in an Outdoor space (as though it were a Building).

Hyde: 3 hit points. Starts in the High School. Keywords: Teacher, Male. Special Rules: PROTECTOR - May cancel any Wound a Student Hero in the same or adjacent space would take on the D6 roll of 5 or 6. READY TO FIGHT - Rolls an extra Fight Dice while there are 2 or more Zombies in his space.

Jeb: 3 hit points. Starts in the Gas Station. Keywords: Tech, Strange, Male. Special Rules: ONE MAN'S GARBAGE... Instead of Searching, may discard the top 2 cards from the Hero Deck to take a Random card from the Hero Cards discard pile. NO WAY! - The Zombie Card "This Could Be Our Last Night on Earth" may not target Heroes in Jeb's space. Also, Zombie Fight: cards may not be played on Zombies in Jeb's space.

Bear: 4 hit points!!! Starts in the Diner. Keywords: Outlaw, Male. Special Rules: KNOCKBACK. (This is a slight guess at the wording) Any time Bear beats a Zombie in a fight, he may move the zombie up to 2 spaces in any direction.

Angela: 2 hit points. Starts in the Gym. Keywords: Student, Female. Special Rules: ACROBATICS - May move through spaces with Zombies, without stopping. TEAM SPIRIT - Once per turn, choose one other Hero in your space to gain an extra Fight Die until the end of the turn. YOUTH - May give up a Move Action to Fully Heal.

Yamato: 3 hit points. Starts at The Road Out of Town. Keywords: ???, Male. Special Rules: CUTTING EDGE SCIENCE - Once per turn, you may discard the top 3 cards from the Hero Deck to cancel a Zombie Event, or a Zombie Upgrade card on the D6 roll of 6. If .... Cards .... (rest of text not discernable yet.)

Maria: 2 hit points. Starts at: ??? (probably Library) Keywords: Student, Strange, Female. Special Rules: POWER OF KNOWLEDGE: Whenever a Hero Event is played roll a D6. On the roll of ???? this Hero may draw a Hero card. YOUTH - May give up a Move Action to Fully Heal.

I will add that this marks the first time heroes have BEARDS!!! Bear and Doc Brody are representing!

I actually requested heroes with beards when I emailed FFP about a year ago, so I don't know if this is due to me, but I am claiming it. :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2017, 11:57 PM
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
Thanks for the info - any idea what new hero cards appear in either release?
08-18-2017, 02:46 AM
I was confused for a sec... are you asking about new Hero Deck & Zombie Deck cards? (Surely not new Hero profiles, which I've listed already...)
08-18-2017, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2017 01:28 PM by mqstout.)
Here's the big bad news... I "interrogated" one of the Frogs at GenCon yesterday. They absolutely will not be doing an upgrade pack -- buy it now, or never get it. Because it's also a limited edition, and when sold out, that's it. So if you want these new heroes, buy it now.

The biggest rationalization he gave that they're not doing an upgrade pack was that "we touched all the cards, including wording tweaks and errata on the reprints". There was no sympathy for the point of view of "Well, I already own EVERYTHING [well, except HP2, which just came out] LNOE, and can live without the errata if only you give me an upgrade pack of what's new. And that doesn't include the plastic tokens." whatsoever. Insane19

He mentioned there will be a 10th Anniversary product for ATOE next year, but that they're not sure what it is going to be yet and that "we're taking feedback from this into consideration for that".

By how well-rehearsed the response was and reading his expressions and body language while he was talking to me, it was clear to me that they've had this question *a lot* and somehow are surprised by it. So there may be a [super slim] chance they'll relent, but I wouldn't count on it.

Soooo, I have some serious contemplating if I'm willing to spend $100 for 4 new heroes and a couple scenarios. (The plastic bits, errata, and compiled rule book are not worth it.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-18-2017, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2017 05:17 PM by D3ADST1CK.)
They basically said the same thing on the BGG TV livestream just now.

I'm not going to bother. I can't really justify buying the same product again, even if it is an enhanced version.
08-18-2017, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2017 08:17 PM by Capey.)
Yeah are there any extra new cards for the Hero and Zombie decks in the 10th anniversary edition that weren't in the base game? e.g. apart from the new heroes and new scenario, is there any other new content? (I'm not counting the extra CD tracks, replacement tokens, rulebook and web scenarios).

I see on BGG, somebody has posted an unboxing video, but he doesn't show if there's any new cards in the decks: https://boardgamegeek.com/video/146259/l...portant-me

He does show though two promo cards he got with the game, presumably only available at Gen Con: Hero's Grit and Loss of Faith. The latter is already in the base game, so I guess this is another alternate art card like all their promos. However I can't see Hero's Grit anywhere in the master card list on FFP Wiki so if that's a brand new card only available for a limited amount at an overseas convention, that will annoy me. I MIGHT buy the 10th anniversary edition (if it's available in the UK) to get new content, but I'm not flying to US just to attend conventions to get missing cards.

Also, as nice as it would be if they changed their minds and released an upgrade pack, I would be be pretty annoyed if I shelled out $100 to get the anniversary edition if I was told that's the only way to get the new content and then they later release that for a fraction of the price.
08-18-2017, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2017 09:46 PM by D3ADST1CK.)
I'd be fine with an upgrade pack that just had the new scenario and the heroes. The other stuff (extra minis, upgraded tokens, etc...) and changed cards are nice but could probably stay as a limited edition extra.

I think the new rule book with everything included and all errata updated would be nice also.

edit: Also, forgot that an upgrade pack should probably include the fire tokens and hero/zombie upgrades. After watching the unbox video, Hero's Grit is definitely a new card as it has the cheerleader from HP2 in the picture.
08-19-2017, 06:26 PM
Hero's Grit could be an alternate art card with this version having the cheerleader on it, but can't see it listed in any other previous release. Weird that the equivalent zombie card is an old one though.

I also noticed that although you have the new hero characters, you still have their townsfolk cards in the hero deck. Guess you could houserule to take them out if you're playing them
08-19-2017, 08:18 PM
It does look appealing but I still can't justify paying that much for what turns out to be four new heroes and one scenario and a bit of plastic I may or may not use.
My base game is still mint!!!...you bastards!!!.....lol
I do want those new figures very badly though.
Hero pack 2 is an absolute must for me.
I was really hoping they would release the new townsfolk as a hero pack 3.
It's almost obscene that they don't.
08-25-2017, 05:54 PM
That is a shame. I would LOVE to have the four new heroes... especially considering they are based on Townsfolk already in the game. But... yeah, that price tag for basically just that and pretty much otherwise completely a game I already own.... Not so sure. I too would kill for an expansion pack that just gives you the new stuff.

To be honest, though, I can't entirely blame Flying Frog for that. There are A LOT of games that have done that. Not that it makes it any less frustrating for those of us who already own the game.... but it is not an unusual practice.