Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
08-29-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
(08-25-2017 05:54 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  That is a shame. I would LOVE to have the four new heroes... especially considering they are based on Townsfolk already in the game. But... yeah, that price tag for basically just that and pretty much otherwise completely a game I already own.... Not so sure. I too would kill for an expansion pack that just gives you the new stuff.

To be honest, though, I can't entirely blame Flying Frog for that. There are A LOT of games that have done that. Not that it makes it any less frustrating for those of us who already own the game.... but it is not an unusual practice.

StayPuft,

I will point out this: Since they've effectively released the rules for the new Townsfolk-based heroes photographically in the promotional artwork, and since you already have the cardboard tokens representing those Townsfolk from the original base game, there's no reason you can't go ahead and try playing with those four heroes! You've already got what you need. Sure, the miniatures would be nice to have, though! But maybe the Frogs will eventually release an updated second miniatures set for those of us who like to paint... They need to do so anyway because the minitaures set they do have up for sale only includes core + growing hunger. Combining together the Timber Peak, BiTF and these four townsfolk heroes would make a good second set, which would be a set of 12 -- the same as in the first set. (I don't find a need for them to sell the other 8 minis from the Hero Packs standalone, because those are "small products" and you aren't getting much extra besides a few cards when ordering those for painting purposes.)

So put on your Deputy Taylor badge, and go to town! :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2017, 09:45 PM
My good friend's wife -- they both love the game dearly -- has told him clearly not to buy the 10th Anniversary -- because of the absurd cost and distribution of it. Frog's done it wrong. Insane19
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-30-2017, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2017 04:56 PM by BigDumbYak.)
(08-29-2017 07:33 PM)jeffd1830 Wrote:  ...there's no reason you can't go ahead and try playing with those four heroes! You've already got what you need. ...

Well until Flying Frog makes the Townsfolk Heroes available to us, I guess I'll take jeffd1830's advice.
I'm making my own cards based on the info available!
Here's the first, Doc Brody, Country Physician. Took a while to find a good pic from a Con and do some croppy croppy, but here he is. Quality is low because of filesize limits. Will put together a pack when I'm done the rest and upload as PDF.

[Image: LNoE_-_Hero_-_Doc_Brody2C_Country_Physic...mall29.png]

[Image: LNoE_-_Hero_-_Deputy_Taylor2C_Sheriff_s_...mall29.png]
08-30-2017, 05:26 PM
[Image: LNoE_-_Hero_-_Jeb2C_The_Grease_Monkey_28Small29.png]
[Image: LNoE_-_Hero_-_Mr__Hyde2C_The_Shop_Teacher_28Small29.png]
08-30-2017, 06:02 PM
Thanks so much for doing this!
08-30-2017, 06:08 PM
No problems!
Hopefully the Frogs will make this content available to the players that are NOT new to the game soon.
For now, I'm going to print mine at the Photo printer at Wal Mart. 4x6 Glossys are PERFECT!

Submitted a PDF with all 4 in high quality to the Downloads section, just waiting on Sarku's thumbs-up.
08-31-2017, 06:24 PM
Now I'm going to start looking for suitable models!
09-03-2017, 02:43 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 07:54 AM by gavindowning.)
Just got my set (someone had stolen pieces of my LNoE set a while back, so this was a nice way to replace it).

There are definitely some new cards in this set. Specifically:

HERO CARDS:

Hero's Grit (x2): (Event) Play on a hero to: Allow them to immediately Re-roll any number of dice they just rolled. OR Roll an extra die and add it to their Movement this turn.

Tire Iron: (Item, Hand Weapon) COMBAT BONUS: Spend 1 Experience Token to add or subtract 1 from a single Fight Die just rolled (yours or an opponent's). After each use, Breaks on a D6 roll of 1 or 2 (discard).

Not Without a Fight: (Event) Play when a Hero would take any number of Wounds. Roll a D6 for each Wound, canceling it on the roll of 3+.

Hero Moment: (Event, Heroic) Play on any Hero that just completed their Activation. That Hero may spend 1 Experience Token to immediately take another full Activation. Limit one Heroic card per Hero.

ZOMBIE CARDS:

Spreading Flames (x2): (Zombie Event) Play at the start of the Zombie Turn to do one of the following: Place a Fire marker in the same space as a Zombie or in a space adjacent to another Fire marker. OR Choose a Hero with a Fire Item and roll a D6. On the roll of 4, 5, or 6, place a Fire marker in that Hero's space.

Guilty Conscience: (Zombie Event) Play at the start of the Zombie Turn on any Hero. Whenever this Hero would spend Experience Tokens, they must spend 1 extra. Remains in Play.

Jagged Teeth: (Zombie Event) Fight: If the Zombie wins this Fight, the Hero also gains an Infected marker. If the Zombie is killed as a result of this Fight, the Hero also gains an Infected marker on the D6 roll of 1 or 2.

Spilled Gas: (Zombie Event) Play this card at any time, except during a Hero's activation. Place a Gas Marker in the same space as a Hero with Gasoline or a Chainsaw.

There are also all new level-up abilities for both heroes and zombies. EDIT: Whoops, no, those are level-up abilities that previously existed. Sorry. Looking at the wrong stuff. EDIT THE SECOND: Okay, some of the level-ups aren't new, others seem to be new, at least to me. Zombie Upgrades like "End of the Line" or "Overcome By Fear", for example, aren't cards I had previously.
09-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Nice info! If those Frogs don't put out a "Hero Pack 3: Townsfolk" then I'll be very disappointed.
Until they DO though... Guess I'll whip up some new Hero/Zombie cards with this info.

Dear Frogs: I promise that if you release the new content as a seperate pack, that I will remove all trace of my versions from the internet and buy one.

(Is there a new scenario to go along with this content?)
09-03-2017, 03:27 PM
There's one new scenario. Someone's preview video shows about half of it. It's called "Broken Down" or something like that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user