Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10th year anniversary
03-17-2017, 04:27 AM
RE: 10th year anniversary
Hmm.....Not sure I need another version of last night on earth but all the rest sounds pretty shiny.
Hope they release all the extras separately like they have in the past.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Multiple questions about "upgrade pack" sold separately, no direct answers. I'm going to guess they're not going to do it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-17-2017, 05:08 PM
They replied to my comment about the characters in the deluxe version are separate to the ones in hero pack 2. And they replied to someone else to say they have no plans for any upgrades. Therefore if you want the townsfolk allies as heroes you'll have to buy the deluxe version. It'll depend on what extra cards or scenarios are included (as well as price) as I have both the original game and timber peak which already has some overlap so not really worth it at the moment.
03-17-2017, 07:30 PM
Yep:
https://www.facebook.com/FFPgames/photos...22R9%22%7D

I'm going to very leery about a new 'Frog game down the road. I love them, but they really need to fix how they do things as a company. They've changed since the SOB KS.
03-17-2017, 10:14 PM
(03-17-2017 07:30 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Yep:
https://www.facebook.com/FFPgames/photos...22R9%22%7D

I'm going to very leery about a new 'Frog game down the road. I love them, but they really need to fix how they do things as a company. They've changed since the SOB KS.

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have an upgrade pack available right away because it benefits them more to try to get people to buy the deluxe edition even if they already have the original because $$$.
It would be nice of them to offer an upgrade pack, even if it was available later.

It will be kind of crappy of them to not ever offer the option at all though.
03-18-2017, 03:36 PM
De Frog's idea of SoB as 3+ years of Expansions all at once in a KS does in retrospect seems less & less like a good
market decision with every month (years) that pass. The double down with a Japanese themed DoB KS just compounds
the problem.

They are consumed with getting SoB completed to the expense of expansions to their other Games & the development
of anything new. I hope they can work through this as mqstout is correct FFP has changed & not for the better.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-19-2017, 02:59 AM
(03-17-2017 10:14 PM)D3ADST1CK Wrote:  To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have an upgrade pack available right away because it benefits them more to try to get people to buy the deluxe edition even if they already have the original because $$$.

Except, they're doing it as a "Limited Edition". So that's not likely to be an issue.
03-20-2017, 02:53 AM
I know I'm not dropping $100 on a newer version of LNOE as I'm sure that's the price point this one will hit.
So now I've dropped hundreds of dollars on expansions to be left swinging in the breeze and unable to get the "4" new characters?
That's pretty bunk in my opinion.
My original version of LNOE is still mint after 10 years of play...lol
03-20-2017, 06:49 PM
BGG interview from GAMA, starts at 5:10:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Dw-lIp...be&t=5h10m

They actually ask about the extra content in the Deluxe Edition at around 5:27:00. When the "limited edition" is no longer available, they are thinking about releasing it separately.
03-21-2017, 01:29 AM
(03-20-2017 06:49 PM)D3ADST1CK Wrote:  BGG interview from GAMA, starts at 5:10:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Dw-lIp...be&t=5h10m

They actually ask about the extra content in the Deluxe Edition at around 5:27:00. When the "limited edition" is no longer available, they are thinking about releasing it separately.

Excellent now that's what I'm talking about!!!