Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2 Player Coop/Adversarial Variant?
05-27-2013, 11:08 PM
2 Player Coop/Adversarial Variant?
I'm just wondering if anyone has tried a 2 player mode where each player controls 2 heroes and half the zombies. Are there any downsides or problems encountered when doing this? I'm just wondering if the game suffers at all if you know which cards everyone has.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 11:31 PM
RE: 2 Player Coop/Adversarial Variant?
I'd say so. A lot of the Zombie tricks revolve around taking the Heroes by surprise with effects like "This Could Be Our Last Night on Earth" and "Locked Door". If you draw into ...Our Last Night on Earth and the conditions haven't been met at the time you drew the card, wouldn't you be prompted to keep your male and female heroes separate, because you know that the Zombies have that card in their hand?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-28-2013, 01:53 AM
But if you are honest and play as you would and if this means that you move a male and female together after the fact you knew that card existed then you would. Just be brutally honest on how you would play.
05-28-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm sure it could be done, but it would be difficult to execute. Even playing 100% honestly, a lot of the game is based on the element of surprise. Knowing what the opposing side has might cause you to intentionally do something you wouldn't have, or not do something you would have.

Zombicide is a better bet if you are looking for a 100% cooperative game. In that game, all players are the Survivors, and the zombies are just auomatically controlled by the game mechanic.

Though, as I said, I am sure there is a way you could figure out how to play LNOE like that, but it wasn't designed for that, so there would be some difficulty.
05-28-2013, 10:12 PM
I wonder if having each players' zombies only able to play cards on the other players' heroes would keep the element of surprise. I guess this would change the game into a wierd mutation of coop-vs Zombie17
05-29-2013, 01:32 AM
(05-28-2013 10:08 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I'm sure it could be done, but it would be difficult to execute. Even playing 100% honestly, a lot of the game is based on the element of surprise. Knowing what the opposing side has might cause you to intentionally do something you wouldn't have, or not do something you would have.

Agree with this. And to add, you might actually do something/not do something because you're anticipating that the Zombies have "this card". My nephew, for example, keeps his Heroes apart (at least not in the same square) because of the threat of having a Bickering, Cat Fight, or This Could Be Our Last Night on Earth.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Zombiecide does seem a better choice for co op play when a zombie player isn't around.
06-06-2013, 05:58 PM
I haven't seen anything out there that doesn't use zombie players. I'm working on a single player mission/variant that could be split up so two people could play on the same team. When I finish I'll post it.