Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2 zombies, a hero and a generator are in the same space
09-08-2014, 07:16 PM
The 1st zombie kills the hero. Does the 2nd zombie and the new zombie hero fight the generator?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: 2 zombies, a hero and a generator are in the same space
(09-08-2014 07:16 PM)johnboyjr Wrote:  2 zombies, a hero and a generator are in the same space
The 1st zombie kills the hero. Does the 2nd zombie and the new zombie hero fight the generator?

'Note that if there are any Heroes in the space with
the Generator, Zombies there must Fight the Hero, not
the Generator.'
Timber Peak Rulebook p.23

Both Zombies fought the Hero. Even though the 1st Zombie killed the Hero the Fight is still 2 vs. 1

Thematically they're all fighting at the same time. (then eating the Hero) who later rises as a Zombie Hero.

The Zombie Hero does not get its Turn now. So it can't do anything.

I hope this helpsWatchmen02
09-08-2014, 09:24 PM
(09-08-2014 08:46 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 07:16 PM)johnboyjr Wrote:  2 zombies, a hero and a generator are in the same space

'Note that if there are any Heroes in the space with
the Generator, Zombies there must Fight the Hero, not
the Generator.'
Timber Peak Rulebook p.23

Both Zombies fought the Hero. Even though the 1st Zombie killed the Hero the Fight is still 2 vs. 1

Thematically they're all fighting at the same time. (then eating the Hero) who later rises as a Zombie Hero.

The Zombie Hero does not get its Turn now. So it can't do anything.

I hope this helpsWatchmen02
Thank you
09-09-2014, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 07:21 PM by sgiove.)
Quote:2 zombies, a hero and a generator are in the same space

I thought this was the start of a unique joke (a priest, a rabbi, and a monk walk into a bar...)
09-10-2014, 02:30 PM
same here!
09-11-2014, 04:40 PM
I might rule that the second zombie gets an attack on the generator since the first combat was resolved and the dead hero is no longer a valid target. The zombie hero certainly does not get an action until next turn.
09-11-2014, 09:03 PM
(09-11-2014 04:40 PM)ch82 Wrote:  I might rule that the second zombie gets an attack on the generator since the first combat was resolved and the dead hero is no longer a valid target. The zombie hero certainly does not get an action until next turn.

Ask yourself this. If there were 4 zombies attacking 2 heroes all in the same place and, by the rules, were split up 2 zombies on 1 hero each, if after the first fight one of the heroes went down, would you allow the second zombie that was about to attack him to now attack the second hero (making it now three zombies on that second hero)? I'm pretty sure (don't have the rules in front of me at the moment) that all declarations are made as to what model is attacking which other model up front before any fight results are made. Regardless of the outcome of previous fights, I believe those declarations must stay intact.

At least that's the way I interpret them.
09-11-2014, 09:14 PM
that seems to be very reasonable.
09-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Sure we've had a discussion about 'left over zombies' when an outnumbered Hero is killed. And I'm equally sure that the outcome was that the spare zombies dined on the left overs.

So play as SamuraiTrev suggests.
09-12-2014, 04:32 PM
(09-09-2014 07:21 PM)sgiove Wrote:  
Quote:2 zombies, a hero and a generator are in the same space

I thought this was the start of a unique joke (a priest, a rabbi, and a monk walk into a bar...)

DAMN IT! You beat me to it! LOL!

For the record, I would agree with the ruling here. Especially if you think about it thematically. Imagine two zombies come across a hero, and one kills the hero. Do you really think the other is going to go "Aww, shucks. He's already dead. I'm going to go chow down on that generator." LOL! He's going to be having himself a snack along with his homicidal buddy.