Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2017 Projects ?
12-31-2016, 04:06 PM
Question 2017 Projects ?
Well 2016 will soon be history so looking ahead to 2017
as far as painting or modeling are concerned.... what are
your plans? (If your into this hobby I know you have some)

For me I need to paint up my Zombicide Black Plague
Walkers & Runners to finish up as the Survivors/NPCs/
Deadeye & Designer boxes are done. I should wrap this up
by the end of January or early February.

After that (providing I just don't burn out from several months
of painting) I have the figures from the Gears of War Game
+ conversions to match the Mission Pack 1 units that FFG
never provided the figures to match the Cards. They have
been base coated for over 3 years!

Then I should be getting the long delayed Wave 2 from FFP
for SoB so that will be a ton of figs that MUST be done as
all of Wave 1 is already painted.

By then it should be late Spring & I'll probably be painted
out for several months.

If I do start up again (for some reason I tend to start wanting
to paint around November) I'll have all the Cthulhu Wars inc.
the 2nd KS stuff or I have 6mm British,French,Hessian,Spanish
Indian troops for AWI or the A&A 1914 figs.

The irony is the Game I play the most AToE figs are still
unpainted Zombie12 .

So anyone else care to share what they plan to paint up
or model?

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2016, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2016 04:28 PM by mqstout.)
RE: 2017 Projects ?
2017 Project: Fix up the walls in my living room, dining room and get it set up with a craft station, so I can take up projects.

Also house related: I'm going to have 5 of my front steps I'll need to replace (out of ~25 from sidewalk to front door) come spring. More, depending on how Gramma Winter treats us.

But really, I'm sick of living with crumbling plaster and with my "main" rooms in boxes still after a few years... Once that's done, I can set up my desk nicely, and, hopefully, use it!

I did set up shelves in my computer room. I plan to reassemble all my old Lego models for display on them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2017, 06:28 AM
2017 Projects ?
I'm hearing you! The house is an endless project but the main thing I'd like to achieve in 2017 is a new driveway, culverts, stormwater pipes and concrete finish. Maybe wait til it cools down a bit though, 38 degrees C here today. Or 100f for those on the imperial side of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live life like "This could be your last night on Earth"
01-02-2017, 12:49 AM
Hmm.. good topic.
I've already decided I'm going to get fit.
I also want to paint more figures. I have some Zombies left by Otherworld Miniatures http://otherworldminiatures.co.uk/shop/ (awesome range of figures esp. D&D type figures) Also just paint more in general.
Oh and I want to find a gold coin with my metal detector.Zombie17
01-02-2017, 05:12 AM
Looking at OWM's stuff, and, damn, they have a lot of sweet models. I love the lantern bearer ("Tomb Robbers" set) and it's nice to see a skeleton wearing armor (the "Crypt Knight"). And it's always good to see some female models that aren't 77DDD.

A lot of their stuff looks like it's a bitch to paint, especially for someone who's a bad-at-it novice. The Player Character series is particularly super-high-detail.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Metal detactor eh Trev? Inspired by the wonderful Detectorists TV series? Please keep me posted on your finds.
01-06-2017, 06:13 PM
(01-02-2017 09:34 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Metal detactor eh Trev? Inspired by the wonderful Detectorists TV series? Please keep me posted on your finds.

I've been at it long before those noobs. 21 years and counting. I've had a flat bronze age axehead. Roman coins, hammered coins and many, many old finds. Check this link http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/vie...39&t=71901 if you're even slightly intrigued what's under the earth in England.

I write a blog about the realities of metal detecting also taking pictures of my finds. Take a look (full of English humour!) although I'm not sure if you can see the photos if you haven't signed up...