Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2018 expansions for FanG announced!
07-14-2021, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2021 08:45 AM by Raynor.)
RE: 2018 expansions for FanG announced!
(07-10-2021 11:05 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Once Again.....MM now has a release date -July-Sept. Maybe they can get it out by Christmas
but I'm not holding my breath.

OD

During the 4th of July Facebook live they discussed how because of the pandemic's interruption, not only had the opportune moment passed due to lockdown, causing them to miss the best window to produce FanG content when they weren't neck deep in Brimstone Adventures, but now they have to reach back out to all the actors and find out if they even still want to do it, and if not they'll have to find somebody new. Right now they don't even have time to do that because Brimstone Adventures development is in full swing. Insane19 I've included a link to the video below, with time stamps for the relevant section if you want to watch it.

https://fb.watch/v/1ME-vRFbX/

Discussion on Fang starts at 21:49
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2021, 11:53 AM
This massively sucks!!!! . I'm tempted to contact MM to cancel my preorders but at this point I'm sure they
will only offer store credit.

Perhaps I might use that credit to try Dark Gothic ,we'll see.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-17-2021, 06:55 AM
Surely they have copyright / IP on the images? Doubt we'll see this for at least another year.
07-18-2021, 10:24 AM
(07-17-2021 06:55 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Surely they have copyright / IP on the images? Doubt we'll see this for at least another year.

Despite announcing the project in 2017, it seems they hadn't gotten around to taking the planned photos for the project when the 2020 Lockdown hit. So they have a game expansion with no art assets.
07-20-2021, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2022 03:43 PM by samuraitrev.)
(07-18-2021 10:24 AM)Raynor Wrote:  
(07-17-2021 06:55 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Surely they have copyright / IP on the images? Doubt we'll see this for at least another year.

Despite announcing the project in 2017, it seems they hadn't gotten around to taking the planned photos for the project when the 2020 Lockdown hit. So they have a game expansion with no art assets.

I listened to the FB video whilst painting. It doesn't sound like we'll get anything for any of the older games anytime soon. All their time and energy is going into SoB.

They answered a question about the Web scenarios they used to post (around Christmas or Halloween). They just said, yeah they'd like to, when they get the time...
I don't begrudge FFP for concentrating on SoB. It's where the money's at. I just wish they'd remember some of they're older titles. I would kill for the hinted expansion for AToE (The Lost Colony). Even some more cards for variety would be good. I can't get enough Villains, Allies, Minions, Town Items.

I also want to find a copy of FanG. I wanted to buy one for my wife's birthday. There's a few out there but they're crazy prices. I did message The Froggers on FB and they did say they are aiming to release another run of the game but when that will be is anyone's guess...
01-15-2022, 02:30 PM
My last email from MM with update on preorder releases basically said "When we get it, we'll send it"
so, I took a long shot & emailed Soundgirl (Mary Beth Magallanes) FFP Music Director & asked her
for any info on a release date.

If I get an answer I post it up.

OD

01-15-2022, 03:54 PM
(01-15-2022 02:30 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  My last email from MM with update on preorder releases basically said "When we get it, we'll send it"
so, I took a long shot & emailed Soundgirl (Mary Beth Magallanes) FFP Music Director & asked her
for any info on a release date.

If I get an answer I post it up.

OD

Cheers OD. I honestly don't think we're going to see the FAnG expansions. For several reasons.
1) It makes more business sense to focus on SoB that's their most successful game to date and it's their cash cow.
2) Perhaps they're concerned they'll get a backlash from a some members of the community who don't approve of the Nazi party depicted in a board game. Even though it's a game based in that period of history.
3) Another reason (they've said) is, it's difficult to get all the original actors together for more shooting because of Covid. I hope I'm wrong, but don't expect these expansions anytime soon.
01-15-2022, 04:48 PM
Alas, you're probably right although they did offer them up for preorders & a lot of people
did so & will be pissed off with FFP if they don't deliver. That may not matter if SoB is
bringing in the $$$ & that cow keeps the milk flowing.

I probably should just have MM cancel & take a store credit but right now I don't see
anything on their Site I want that badly.

OD

01-16-2022, 11:59 PM
The aToE 10th anniversary was like 3 years late without the current pandemic sourced problems. I had been getting pretty negative about ffp's reliability until that finally came out, but when it did it was so good my faith was restored and I even picked up a 2nd used copy of FanG, since my first had been obliterated in a move.

I'm sure they'll get around to this eventually, but I wouldn't hold my breath and would definitely cancel my preorder if you happen upon something you can better use the credit for while you wait.
01-18-2022, 03:12 PM
Not sure if this really means anything, but I got a reply from the frogs on twitter that there WILL be a reprint of FANG and eventually.

BigDumbYak @bigdumbyak • 2021-12-21
Hey @FFPGames!
Any chances of a reprint on Fortune and
Glory: The Cliffhanger Game?
Pretty Please? Zombie17

Flying Frog
@FFPGames
Replying to @bigdumbyak
It will happen! Unfortunately, there
are hurdles: material shortages,
manufacturing delays, shipping
delays, and power outages in China