Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28 zombies
01-27-2014, 02:28 AM
28 zombies
I know GH adds 7 red zombies and the Z players share them. I don't own GH yet so have not experienced how this affects the game. I was just curious how powerful 28 zeds would be. Would it make a difference if there were 12 L boards being used along with the Manor House?

Also how powerful do you consider zombie heroes? I'm working on a scenario where Townsfolk could potentially be Zombie Heroes and I'm trying to work out how many ZH would be enough to be a challenge but not too overwhelming for the Heroes.

I realize ill probably need lots of play testing to get a nice balance but would like some feed back.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2014, 03:27 PM
RE: 28 zombies
My latest custom scenario had 21 zombies and based on the parameters that I had set 21 felt like a lot. So 28 to me sounds like a lot but I bet if you shift some parameters around it could be manageable. God help your heroes. Zombie14

Every moment has the potential for the enlightenment in which you seek.

~Bryan
勲刀士, Warrior of the Triumphant Blade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Maybe the Heroes start the game with a random gun.
Maybe guns only discard on a 1
Maybe guns Hit on a 2+
Just some thoughts. It sounds bloody either wayZombie13
01-30-2014, 08:41 PM
The biggest change i would recommend is playing with a larger map. That is something almost all the horde scenarios I've seen use. I played a super horde game last week using all the tiles and 48 zombies plus the zombie champions. Granted we also played 8 heroes, but the biggest help was having extra space to spread out the zombies.

As far as zombie heroes go, if you're spawning them independently and not after a hero dies then I'd say they are at least as strong as a zombie champion. If you're using BF rules I'd go with 2 spawns per wound and 1 exp ever 5 spawn. which makes your selections of champions as follows:
  • Feral Dead--------------2 Spawn 1 EXP
  • Zombie Townsfolk-----2 Spawn 1 EXP
  • Zombie Student--------4 Spawn 1 EXP
  • zombie Behemoth-----6 Spawn 2 EXP
  • Zombie Heroes---------6 Spawn 2 EXP
  • Zombie Ed and Sam---8 Spawn 2 EXP