Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3 new variants - last call for input
03-10-2010, 03:02 AM
3 new variants - last call for input
I really appreciate the input I've received for the variants I've posted recently (Zombie Hero Abilities, Sun Track Deck, Outdoors Encounters). It seems like the Sun Track in particular was very well received. But before I put the files together to post for printing and for an Artscow deck, I'd like to give a last chance for input as far as wording on the cards or tweaks to the mechanics, or new ideas to replace existing ones.

Here's the full set...

OUTDOOR ENCOUNTERS
[Image: LNOE_OE1.jpg]

ZOMBIE HERO ABILITIES
[Image: LNOE_ZHH_1.jpg]

SUN TRACK DECK
[Image: LNOE_ST_1.jpg]

The card backs (Artscow top left, the others are for self-printing):
[Image: LNOE_variants_backs.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2010, 04:41 PM
RE: 3 new variants - last call for input
Someone at BGG suggested that some of the Outdoor Encounters were kind of sexist leaning. I guess I agree to an extent, and will make one change in that regard. Here's the exchange...

Quote:I realize the game is an homage to cheesy B horror flicks, with all their sexist cliches. (And, of course, some of the strongest characters in the game are women.) But I have trouble believing that Billy can throw a rock further than Jenny or Rachelle, that any of the female characters besides Amanda and possibly Sally are wearing high heels (and would keep them on long enough to break a heel), that none of them women who grew up in a small farm town ever climbed trees, and that women hide while men are heroic boy scouts.

5/5 for the idea, but 2/5 for implementation.

Here's my reply...

>>Noumena wrote:
>>I realize the game is an homage to cheesy B horror flicks, with all their sexist cliches.

Well, that's it, right there...

But since you brought it up, sure, one or two of those could be changed. Problem is, it'd be a real stretch to make High Heels work for men (if some of the women are likely to wear them, then it's a better fit for that sex in general). Plus, you can always RPG it... Rachelle is working undercover as a waitress in the diner and the sexist pig Sam insists that she wear high heels. And Becky definitely wears high heels, and even a character like Jade might, satirically at least.

And Boy Scout Training doesn't work too well for girls... well, I could call it "Scout Training", I suppose. But what I'll do is move Boy Scout Training to the same card as High Heels, and then move Hide in the Bushes and Trees together without any male/female distinction.

Sorry, but I'm gonna stick with men having stronger arms than women... not always the case, sure, but it's not sexist to say that by and large, men can throw farther than women. That's just reality. And don't forget that Billy is a track star, which indicates athleticism in general, so he can probably throw very well.
03-11-2010, 05:27 PM
I realized that for the Sun Track Deck, the Zombies had a +4 edge in terms of cards that favor them, so I'm considering removing Shallow Graves and Fatigue Sets In and replacing them with these cards, or some other idea for cards that would (or could) benefit the Heroes...

[Image: LNOE_ST_1a.jpg]
09-14-2011, 08:44 PM
I think this is a pretty good idea, especially the sun tracker deck, good work grudunza.

Now let this thread be resurrected.
09-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Hey Grun, I wish I knew how you did these, but I really don't have much input with out actually playing them, but I think the idea is amazing and I think you've done a great job at trying to give balance to both characters.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the kind words, but there's no need to resurrect the thread or add input anymore... it's already been finished long ago. Here's the thread with the links for the Artscow deck: http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ia-Artscow
09-15-2011, 09:08 PM
I didn't really notice the original was from months ago.

If I wanted to order these, do they come, look like and feel like the playing cards?

I checked the links in the other forum but I didn't understand how you would order this, and I guess the second link was for the prices of the playing cards?

09-16-2011, 06:42 PM
I didn't revive it to have it revised. I figured a large amount of people had joined the forum since the original post and they may want to see this, because I think it is a good idea. If you don't want the business you can always take it down. :P
09-16-2011, 06:57 PM
no I want to know how to order these I didnt really understand how I would go about ordering them on the links