Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
7+ Player Variants
05-15-2014, 01:19 AM
7+ Player Variants
Hey all! I was wondering if anybody knew of or had developed any variants for seven or more players? It's looking like we could have a few extra people at my upcoming games night and we'd still like some LNoE happening if possible. I'm sure we could throw some kind of variant together on the go, but I fear it would probably be unbalanced and/or messy... Insane19
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 03:18 PM by sgiove.)
RE: 7+ Player Variants
Do you have either Growing Hunger or Timber Peak in addition to the base game? I don't have the exact dot rules in front of me but we've had 7 players before and use the dot rules to have 6 Hero Players with one Zombie Player. The zombie player was given Zombie Horde (21 zombie pool) as well as Zombie Auto Spawn. I think the players were given a few more dots to even things out (I'm pretty sure they added Exploration tokens and possibly some extra starting cards - not sure on that last one).

Bottom line, figure out how many extra Heroes you want to have (keep in mind more than one player can play the zombies, but I'm not a fan of that) and once you know how many extra Heroes (above 4) you plan to use, then just give the zombie player enough dots to compensate for the additional heroes.
Find all posts by this user
05-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Just add more zombies. With the core set and expansions, you should have 35 zombies (LNOE/GH/TP).
Just double the normal 14 to 28.
Maybe 5 Zombie cards per turn instead of 4.
05-27-2014, 07:38 AM
4 zombie card per turn I think enough, but double number of zombie
10-29-2014, 02:39 PM
I think:
7 players = 1 players with 21 zombies (with 5 cards or 6) and 6 heroes.
8 players = 3 players with 7 zombies each (total of 21 zombies, and 2 cards for each player) and 5 players as heroes with 1 npc hero (this hero will be controlled by one diferent player for turn)
9 players = 3 players with 7 zombies each and 6 players as heroes