Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Few Characters I Created Awhile Back
11-16-2013, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 05:16 PM by dj_edgar02.)
A Few Characters I Created Awhile Back
Just a few creations of mine. Looking for some feedback. We've used them plenty of times and they seem to fit right in with the rest of the characters. Jameson, Town Drunk, pretty straight forward. Desmond, I imagine as having been in the Antique Shop when it hit the fan and he was lucky enough to throw on some armor. Drake I imagine to be the cousin or brother of Sheriff Anderson and has returned home just in time for the apocalypse.

Oh, I'd also like to note that all of the figures for these were taken from and inspired by Heroscape. Jameson is Shotgun Sullivan. Desmond is just one of the knights from that particular squad, and Drake is Sgt. Drake Alexander.

Hope you like them!

The old computer that I used to have these images on crapped out on me and I had to scan the actual cards for these back onto this computer. I just now realized Drake's quote was cut off. It should read..."Say brains one more time you undead mother______...I dare you!"

I apologize for the language...He tends to be a bit aggressive. I put a line because I'm not totally sure if cursing is against the policy in these forums.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

"Sometimes dead is better."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: A Few Characters I Created Awhile Back
The ability of Drake is clearly OP. The others look to be ok.
11-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Which of his abilities would you say is overpowered? When I created them I tried to balance them. The NSLB I made so that he had to be in the same space as the wounded hero at the beginning of the turn therefore potentially sacrificing his previous turn to end there. This also means the other character must move/stay there. At the same time they are now subject to..."This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth..." etc. For Martyrdom, he may or may not succeed. Because of this it's a gamble. You might march him into a crowd of zombies and then fail to pull the pin, thus sacrificing yourself for no good reason. Also as a catch I put any character is Instantly Killed, implying that other Heroes could also be killed by this action so that it could again backfire. I tried to make it fair so that it balanced regardless of which side of the game you were on and a little luck can come into play. After my explanation do you still believe they are overpowered or no? And if so could I hear why you think so? Maybe I need to tweak some things a bit, because perhaps there is something I have not thought of. Thanks ch82.

11-17-2013, 08:57 PM
The combo of repeatedly moving with a character and allowing the carried character to search essentially is just a game of keep away for some scenarios until the search items come up. Forcing characters to move helps run down the clock for the zombie player since it takes away the ability to search. Additionally it allows you to easily span the entire map. Use drake to carry x spaces then "wounded" hero can then move x spaces for their turn. That can put a huge distance between that character and the zombies. Depending on the positioning he could end his carry on the space of a 3rd hero to set up yet another carry for the start of the next round.

As for the grenade ability I think he should be required to have an explosive item in order to use it.
11-17-2013, 09:11 PM
I definitely see where you're coming from and like the idea of having an explosive. Thanks for the feedback. I'll toss some ideas around in my head and see what I come up with.

11-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Hi great work with the presentation. Here's some ideas you can adopt or ignoreWatchmen02

Jameson (great whiskey!)
Bar Fight's pretty good. The Stumble doesn't seem to make sense to me. If he walks into a load of Zombies while drunk he would come off in a bad way.
How about

You're my best mate
If Jameson lands on a space with a male Hero he cannot leave that space.

Everything's a blur
-1 to hit with all ranged weapons.

Desmond Gray
For the Heavy rule how about he rolls 2D6 and has to use the lowest die for movement.

How about
Bite Proof
On recieving his 1st wound he may ignore it on a 5+. If the wound is saved Bite Proof is still in effect. If failed Bite Proof is cancelled and he can be wounded as normal. (Thematically he's had part of his armour torn off.)

Drake Anderson
With Martyrdom what happens to any Zombies in the space? Only Characters are mentioned.

Just a few ideas and questions. Keep up the good workWatchmen02
11-17-2013, 10:14 PM
I like the everything's a blur suggestion
11-17-2013, 10:28 PM
As each individual space on the board is in my opinion considered to be a large area, I think of it as he's drunkenly stumbling through the area and doesn't realize the zombies there and is lucky enough to make it through unharmed. That is why as the number of zombies grows he's not able to pass through the space.

Everything's a blur is pretty awesome, that's for sure. I'm especially digging the title.

For Desmond, I'm really liking both suggestions.

For Drake, I should have written figure instead of character I think. Any and all figures, zombie and hero alike would be blown to pieces.

All awesome ideas. Thanks trev.