Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A First Photo of SOBS in Action?
03-20-2014, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 10:23 PM by Odie.)
A First Photo of SOBS in Action?
From the Dice Tower Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/thedicetower/status/...12/photo/1

Some interesting cards in that shot.

Pistol:

Range - 6
Shots - 2

Child of Sorrow:

Keywords: Encounter, Active, Stranger, Ghost

The temperature in the room drops as the child approaches you with empty eyes.

Spirit 6+ (presumably, a test against character's Spirit)

Gain 50XP for each 6+ rolled. If failed, take 6 Horror Hits as it stares into your mind.

Then...

The child vanishes. Roll a D6. On the roll of 4+ the Hero that made the test gains a Loot card. On the roll of 1, 2, or 3...(card is unreadable).

Massacre

Keyword: Encounter, Environment, Blood

You've stumbled onto the scene of a massacre! Broken and twisted body parts cover the floor and the walls are spattered with gore.

Every time a Hero starts in, or enters a space of this Map Tile, they take 1 Horror Hit.

Ancient Riddle

Keywords: Encounter, Active, Puzzle

The way forward is blocked by an unseen force, and a riddle in stone.

Cunning 6+ (presumably, a test against character's Cunning)

If successful, gain 30XP, and the way forward is clear. If failed take...(card is unreadable).

So...interesting stuff. Keywords, puzzles, stat tests, XP gains, Environment cards, not to mention the enemy and equipment cards, and those stacks of High, Medium, and Low difficulty decks of cards towards the top...and all of the game components in that photo look great.

Can't wait! I'm really hoping that someone will be able to get more photos and info at the SOBS demo happening next month.

If anyone at FFP is reading the forums here, maybe we could get some advance material to look over for those of us who can't make it to the demo?

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: A First Photo of SOBS in Action?
Thanks for the find, Odie!

Nice to see some semblance of what this game will be. On the other hand, I'm finding the tiles to be rather small in respect to the miniatures. Based on the pictures shown during the Kickstarter campaign, was anyone else expecting the gaming tiles to be a bit bigger?
Find all posts by this user
03-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Some of the room tiles may be bigger, these tiles look like a hallway and a starting entrance.
03-21-2014, 01:42 AM
How exciting!!!

Thanks for posting Odie.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
03-21-2014, 03:47 AM
More pics here:

https://www.facebook.com/FFPgames/photos_stream

Full Color Gamer
03-21-2014, 04:13 PM
It is really awesome getting to see some pics of the finished product. It is looking amazing! Those miniatures are really groovy! Maaaaan! I so cannot wait to get my hands on my copy! I cannot wait to bring it to the table at my gaming group.
03-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Seriously, this is going to be an outstanding game.

The detail on the characters and monsters are better than anything FFP has done so far.

I really hope we can get some hands-on info from the demo next month. Of course, I'm holding out hope that FFP will give us some sneak preview material here on the forums sometime...

Full Color Gamer
03-22-2014, 03:26 PM
I thinks someone that lives within 300 miles (COUGH-Spokane) should be able to paint some of these up. They would look great for display at the conventions and website. If FFG were feeling generous they could trade the work for some Minecart items if they wanted.... ... ...
03-22-2014, 09:04 PM
neat pics!