Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Miner Excursion
06-29-2011, 06:56 PM
A Miner Excursion
So, here's my first attempt at creating a scenario. Be gentle :P

You can find the modular board pieces I used here:

http://www.oversoul-games.com/oversoul_download.html

They are under the heading "Game Tiles - Black Border"

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2011, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2011 07:19 PM by mqstout.)
RE: A Miner Excursion
This scenario is awesome. I will try play it this weekend. I'm particularly fond of the title!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-29-2011, 07:19 PM
This looks cool. I'm looking forward to hearing how this goes. I would try this as I've got corridor pieces I can use form Descent or Space Hulk. It seems quite balanced It all depends where the explosive is... could be the first room could be the last.

I like the claustraphobic angle tooWatchmen02.

Thanks for posting!
06-29-2011, 07:20 PM
I look on the site you mention and there are no black boarders for LNOE.

I'm from Czech Republic, so excuse my English please. Zombie13
06-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! Yeah, I'm fond of puns, hehe. Let me know how any games you try come out, I'm excited to have any feedback.

And yeah, I thought the darkness rules were kind of fun, too. Watchmen02

If you're having trouble finding the pieces, they're just a bit further down on the page. Here's a direct link if you need it, however:

http://www.oversoul-games.com/dungeonplu..._Black.pdf

I just like posting to a more main page when using other material, as it gives people a chance to look at the actual game.
06-30-2011, 03:58 AM
Just got to try it tonight, and it was fairly interesting. The players managed to get into the first room, and the first card they drew was the explosive. Before they managed to get out, however, the zombies ganged up on the person carrying it (Jenny) and she was et. since she was in the room and had the explosives, the others had ran back out towards the entrance. They had to go searching again and quickly found the second explosive and a shotgun (which was discarded the first time it was fired... ouch), but by then the zombies had managed to surround them. The zombies were getting amazing rolls (lots of 5's and 6's) while the heroes were having trouble with 1's and 2's, and they quickly fell to the horde.

If you're using the tiles I linked to above, you may want to increase the time limit to 20. They only had 5 turns left by the end of the game, and only really explored one room. Granted, there were some problems, but it takes a minimum of one turn to go through a hall piece (it has six spaces, max of six movement) so it can take a long time to explore all 4 rooms. If it ends up being that way, it's almost impossible for the heroes to win. Of course the heroes can always split up if need be, which can eliminate some of the travel time, but it's a tough call.

Another possible solution might be for those who have Descent, Space Hulk, or other types of build-it-yourself type dungeons. Anyway, we only played once, so a few more play tests will probably be required before I figure out how well it will go. Let me know if you have any thoughts if you try it out!
06-30-2011, 06:57 AM
This sounds like lots of fun. I like the tiles you linked to. If I get a chance to give it a go, I will let you know how it goes.
06-30-2011, 10:32 AM
(06-29-2011 08:28 PM)atramagus Wrote:  Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! Yeah, I'm fond of puns, hehe. Let me know how any games you try come out, I'm excited to have any feedback.

And yeah, I thought the darkness rules were kind of fun, too. Watchmen02

If you're having trouble finding the pieces, they're just a bit further down on the page. Here's a direct link if you need it, however:

http://www.oversoul-games.com/dungeonplu..._Black.pdf

I just like posting to a more main page when using other material, as it gives people a chance to look at the actual game.

You are right with the posting to a main page, it's better ;-), and thx for the direct link :-). My problem was that i looking for a LNOE l-shaped board and that's the cause of my failure.

I'm from Czech Republic, so excuse my English please. Zombie13