Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Touch of Evil, The Supernatural Game
09-09-2008, 06:31 PM
RE: A Touch of Evil, The Supernatural Game
Heres an interesting Session Report foom Doug Adams
over on the Geek its based around the "Actor"Investigator:

Author: dougadamsau
I am a traveling actor, and feel I must tell this tale. I was touring through the colonies and was looking to repose for the night. Our party was approaching the hamlet (alas, poor Yorick, I knew him Horatio, a man of infinite... stop Victor, tell the tale...) of Shadowbrook when we were attacked by ghostly figures. I fell into a swoon and recovered in the arms of a most charming villain. She called herself Katarina, and had allied herself with a veteran militiaman named Karl. Together they were bent on investigating a ghostly horseman who was terrorizing the town.

They recognised my worth and begged me to join them in their investigation. My eyes darted from Katarina to Karl, then back to Katarina.... I agreed to stay a while.

Day 1
We agree to separate and investigate independently. I visit the Manor and discover a secret passage which reveals many clues. Karl spends the day at the Magistrate's, and secretly pursues Lady Hanbrook in town - she spends her days peering into windows of her neighbours. Katarina explores the Keep. That evening, Ghostly Soldiers appear at the covered bridge, the woods and in the marsh.

Day 2
Karl spends the day watching the elders of Shadowbrook. Lord Hanbrook is revealed to be true, but cowardly. I am attacked by a ghastly spectral horseman at the Windmill, and fall beneath his weapon. Karl comes to my rescue with a truly heroic gesture.

Day 3
The local militia muster and take up station in the marsh. The feisty Katarina take on the ghostly soldiers in the Marsh, and defeats them, not before she falls into a condition of swoon. The militia carry her back to town, where she rests now in the town hall. That evening, the foul spectral horseman attacks Katarina just as she recovers in the town hall. I rush to her side, and despite her struggling protests (she is in shock, poor lass), I hold her close and murmur sonnets to her long into the night.

Day 4
I spend the day investigating in the fields out of town. Karl purchases a pistol in town. Katarina spends the day recuperating. Ghostly soldiers are reported at the Old Woods, and a creeping darkness is felt all over town.

Day 5
Karl is attacked by ghostly soldiers at the Manor House, but he escapes. Katarina spends the day in church, replenishing her spirit. I am attacked by ghostly soldiers at the Manor, but manage to beat them off. I take wounds, but brush them aside and attend a meeting of the town Elders there that evening.

Day 6
Katarina is strong enough to leave town. I spend the day at the church, and discover the villain's lair - it is located at the marshes, just south of town. Karl heals his wounds at the doctor's. The darkness is again felt at night.

Day 7
I heal my wounds at the doctor's. Karl meets up with some thieves at the Keep and learns much from them. Katarina finds clues at the crossroads just out of town. That night, the horseman commits murder! He rides shrieking into town, then vanishes.

Day 8
Karl, shaken by the visitation the night before, spends the day in church. Katarina is attacked by ghostly soldiers in the Old Woods, but defeats them. I am attacked by an unseen foe at the Magistrate's Office, and knocked out. I come to that night in the town hall. Darkness lingers over the town.

Day 9
I do not see Katarina this day, she has been out of town for several days now. I seek out my assailants from the day before at the Magistrate's Office, and see they are ghostly soldiers. I vanquish them with my strength of spirit and manly voice. The militia take up station in the marsh. I meet with Karl at night and see he has recruited an ally, Lucy Hanbrook, into our party. Another murder occurs in town, and we sense that we are losing our battle against this evil.

Day 10
I heal my wounds at the doctor's, and see the Reverend Harding shuffle past. I follow him for the remainder of the day, and become firmly convinced he is the evil Grand Inquisitor I hear spoken of in town. Karl spends the day at the blacksmith's, purchasing supplies. Katarina finally returns to town and tells tall tales of battles in the woods. During the night, the horseman attacks Sophie the midwife, but she is unharmed.

Day 11
Katarina purchases a musket from the blacksmith. I defeat a horde of ghostly soldiers just out of town. I spy Doctor Manning, and see he is also engaged in the same fight, but working independently to us. A useful ally in the future, methinks. Hounds appear at the Windmill, and "Reverend" Harding reveals his dark side - he is the Grand Inquisitor, and openly declares with the Spectral Horseman!

Day 12
A quiet day as we all realize a battle is looming. I buy an amulet from the blacksmith, that allows me to use my potent spirit as weapon. That night the hounds get bolder and creep closer to town.

Day 13
Today Lady Hanbrook fell into a possessed trance. She muttered strange words and entreated us to march to the crossroads. I gave her a reassuring speech and calmed her down.

Day 14
Has it been two weeks since this fight consumed me? Again I fight ghostly soldiers and I defeat them at the bridge. The doctor is there to cure my wound that I take. Karl finds a valuable relic at the Keep. That night the omens are bad. The villain is strengthening and well all feel his growing power. The Hour Is Late!

Day 15
This day of days - we meet and resolve to finish this evil or perish in the attempt. We march to the marsh and enter battle.

Katarina leaps into battle and wounds the horseman. He lashes back but she knocks away his blow. Karl scores a hit, but takes a mighty hit in return, which he also deflects. Victor battles with spirit, thanks to his amulet and wounds the horseman.

Katarina kills the evil Grand Inquistor, but takes a couple of wounds. The militia shield her, and the other is a scratch. Karl inflicts a hit on the horseman, but takes a grievous wound, which Doctor Manning quickly treats. Victor exchanges wounds, but Lady Hanbrook is at his side, protecting him.

Katarina inflicts a harmful wound on the horseman, and takes a serious wound in return. Karl severely wounds the horseman, who slays young Lucy Hanbrook. I fall before the horseman, and remember no more.

I awaken moments later and see Karl and Katarina before me, wounded but alive. The horseman was vanquished soon after I fell, with Karl issuing the final blow. My friends are both battered and near the end of the strength.

A solitaire cooperative, advanced game. It took 90 minutes. The Spectral Horseman had 21 wounds going into the final showdown, with Reverend Harding as an evil elder ally. Katarina had the militia, Karl had Lucy Hanbrook, and Victor had Doctor Manning. Victor was KO'd in the final battle. Katarina and Karl both had two wounds remaining.

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2008, 12:42 AM
This sounded so cool! Man I cannot wait to get my hands on this game!

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
09-10-2008, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2008 02:31 PM by supervike.)
I like it!

The solo aspect has really pulled me back into this game.....

And for some reason, I really want to go watch The Headless Horsemen with Johnny Depp.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Wait... there's solo play? I might have to get this.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
09-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Sarku Wrote:Wait... there's solo play? I might have to get this.

The Session above was solo-there are not any "official"solo rules
but its very easy to run the cooperative game solo.

OD

09-11-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm used to playing with myself.

Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
09-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Sarku Wrote:I'm used to playing with myself.

Zombie03

Well at least its a stable relationship :P

OD

09-12-2008, 04:44 AM
Old Dwarf Wrote:
Sarku Wrote:I'm used to playing with myself.

Zombie03

Well at least its a stable relationship :P

OD

Only one I got munion man... Watchmen02

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
09-12-2008, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2008 05:08 PM by supervike.)
I've heard playing with yourself could cause you to go blind.

But, I can see just fine!!

I occasionally play LNOE by myself. I realize there are some 'strategies' that aren't quite there, but it's a great way to master the rules and the flow of the game when you do have other players. I just play both sides like I really want to win, and it seems to work.

I've been doing that with Tannhauser too.

I actually bought Arkham Asylum because I heard it played well solo, but I've yet to understand the rules.....just TOO much for me.

ATOE's concept of playing cooperatively against a auto controlled enemy should work well. I can't wait to get a chance to buy it now.
09-25-2008, 04:09 PM
So is this game out yet? Other than GenCon owners...has this puppy been released or what?

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."