Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
"A Town Torn Apart" - Custom Scenario
05-22-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: "A Town Torn Apart" - Custom Scenario
(05-22-2014 02:22 PM)soundguy Wrote:  sounds like you could have both students and adults win at the same time if they both had their zeds accounted for.. and then something was used to kill both hero's with one lick.

Good point. You could rule that whichever side triggers that event wins the tie-breaker.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2014, 04:49 PM
Sweet! This looks like a great Scenario to play when my daughter comes over! Then we can determine once and for all who would be the best Zed killer.

For a tie breaker, you could spawn one of the following in the center of town
a) A new Zombie with 3 wounds.
b) A Behemoth
c) 6 Zombies
The group that kills the Zombie (or half the Zombies) first wins.

I'm a big fan of the BOSSFIGHT!
05-23-2014, 01:45 PM
(05-22-2014 02:25 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  
(05-22-2014 02:22 PM)soundguy Wrote:  sounds like you could have both students and adults win at the same time if they both had their zeds accounted for.. and then something was used to kill both hero's with one lick.

Good point. You could rule that whichever side triggers that event wins the tie-breaker.

You could rule it that way, personally though id just ruke that zeds lose (which would be unfortunate as i usually play the zombies. The reason id rule it that is is story-wise it would be like as though the adults and students reconciled and saw that both had their value, and in the end, they decided to work as a team.

But im a sucker for stories. Thats why i play this game. If your a sucker for competion, definitely ATOETalGeek has the roght idea!

PS im planning on playing this scenario very soon i think its a great idea, if im lucky i might get to try it out today!

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
05-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Personally, I'd probably call it a team human win, since things like fire effects I kinda feel are board environments, and that is one possible way both zed Herod might go out at dsme time, ling shot either way, takes just the right circumstances. Watchmen02
05-23-2014, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2014 06:31 PM by nichardo.)
(05-19-2014 02:54 PM)sgiove Wrote:  Quick question. If one of the heroes on a team dies and comes back as a zombie hero, can the other team now kill THAT new zombie hero as part of its win requirement? Or does it HAVE to be the original zombie hero that started in the center space at the beginning of the game only?

As long as a Zombie Hero (student or adult) is killed by the opposite group. Then yes I would say it counts.

I like the twist of having to kill the opposite team Zombie hero, because the Zombie's can really have fun by moving either the adult or student Zombie Hero toward the team that doesn't need the kill to spice things up a bit.

(05-23-2014 01:45 PM)aprillo Wrote:  
(05-22-2014 02:25 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  

You could rule it that way, personally though id just ruke that zeds lose (which would be unfortunate as i usually play the zombies. The reason id rule it that is is story-wise it would be like as though the adults and students reconciled and saw that both had their value, and in the end, they decided to work as a team.

But im a sucker for stories. Thats why i play this game. If your a sucker for competion, definitely ATOETalGeek has the roght idea!

PS im planning on playing this scenario very soon i think its a great idea, if im lucky i might get to try it out today!

Thanks for finding an improvement point for the scenario. I didn't even think about tie breakers. It is the first team to kill all their Zombies needed. I should change the scenario that the turn order is either all the Student Heroes go first, or the heroes have to take turns 1 hero at a time between Students and Adults, with students going first.

Thanks I will update accordingly.
05-23-2014, 09:05 PM
that still leave the possibility of a tie.. if both groups are done but lacking one thing.. and someone does a 'mass' attacks that meets both goals.

not sure if you want a group win or a decisive win.

IMHO.. either is good. Watchmen02

could even do a minor win / major win.

IE. all humans win, but one group gets the major win...
05-24-2014, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2014 07:25 PM by nichardo.)
(05-23-2014 09:05 PM)soundguy Wrote:  that still leave the possibility of a tie.. if both groups are done but lacking one thing.. and someone does a 'mass' attacks that meets both goals.

not sure if you want a group win or a decisive win.

IMHO.. either is good. Watchmen02

could even do a minor win / major win.

IE. all humans win, but one group gets the major win...

Good points. Like I said before, I feel like the Zombie player could definitely have some fun with the human players screwing with the objectives of each.

My original intent of it is to have a decisive win for either the students or the adults. I thought at one time that killing the opposite Zombie hero only counts if the team needing the kill kills it, i.e. if the Adults killed the Adult Zombie Hero then it robs the Students of winning because the students didn't kill the adult zombie hero, or the students would have to wait for an adult to die and become a zombie hero (less of a chance).

I'm glad these points have been raised... it seems so easy coming up with scenarios, but thinking them out to all conclusions can be difficult.

A thought that just came to me about ties...
If there is a true tie, then the team doing the activity causing the tie should win. If the adults throw dynamite that kill their last zombie needed and the Adult Zombie Hero dies as well in the blast, then the adults still win because they are the one accomplishing their win objectives. The students didn't end with an action to win.

In a sense that is a major/minor win... but the adults still keep leadership of the town as part of the deal. =)
05-24-2014, 09:23 PM
yup. i like the major minro win with the 'title or bragging rights going to the cause-er of the win condition.

beats waking up a zed 9 if you were a human.. ) Watchmen02

in a perfect world thes elil picking points never come up.

introduce a room full of table top gamers and then you see things that simply defy the odds. Watchmen02
05-25-2014, 11:11 PM
"A Town Torn Apart" - Custom Scenario
What is 'Major/Minor Win'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
05-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Here is the language I am updating for the Scenario.

If a Hero team’s attack causes a ‘tie’, the win goes to the attacking Hero team