Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A gentle kick in the nards....
06-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Friskers96

Poverty sucks. I grew up poor and I will die a step above poor. Spit on, treated like dirt. Made to feel less than human. It sucks.

But I did meet people worth meeting. I grew up valuing the right stuff and now I am happy.

I am assuming your game buying power is a bit diminished as of late. I know this is the LNOE forum. But if you like zpocalypse, I have an extra core game I can send your way. (Too much kickstarter).

Maybe consider it a moving up gift for your son.

Pm me if you want it.

Any one here from Long Island NY?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2013, 10:04 PM
First thing anybody should learn in retail is treat everyone the same- just because a guy is dressed like he's been decorating and is buying something on offer doesn't mean he isn't going to spend $1000+ in the next few months. Plus it's just good manners.

Secondly (but most importantly) your son is doing good! Some things you can't buy. I'm a dad as well, and I learnt long ago that you're much happier when you start to judge your happiness solely on the well being of your kids.
Find all posts by this user
06-12-2013, 04:54 AM
RE: A gentle kick in the nards....
Lythaeum, thank you again for the offer of the game, I'm am floored by your generosity. It really picked up my spirits when I needed it. I am constantly surprised by the rag tag group of game geeks we have here (and I mean that in the greatest possible of ways). Everyone apologizes for bringing their "personal" issues here, but I have to say I've seen greater support and understanding here than I have anywhere else. You all are a great bunch, am I'm glad I joined up. Thank you Lythaeum and everyone else that has made this site what it is... Watchmen02

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2013, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 09:25 AM by Emp.)
RE: A gentle kick in the nards....
Congrats on your son work in school man! My oldest son is autistic and in special ed so I know how it feels to worry about him doing good in school and other places.
He finally found his way in his school now.

Don't let the assholes in the world get you down dude. They are not worth your time and you will encounter them everywhere.
Take pride in what you know and can do. You provided for your son when he asked for it. To him...you are a hero and I am surre the rest of your family feels the same way. That is what is important...not what some buttcrust in some store thinks of you.

+1 rep just cause you diserve it Frisker!
And a +1 rating for Lythaeum for helping someone out!

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user