Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A new Zombie game on Kickstarter - Resident Evil
11-08-2021, 04:55 AM
A new Zombie game on Kickstarter - Resident Evil
Resident Evil the board game is on Kickstarter, and it's got me Wondering if I should break down and add another Zombie game to my collection.

Currently I really enjoy LNoE and Zombicide, which scratch two different kinds of itches. I also have Dead of Winter but the game sees almost no play, as the gameplay and group dynamics aren't appealing to my group. We got rid of Z-Pocalypse despite finding it entertaining because it didn't get picked for play either.

Anyone played the previously released Re2 or Re3 board games? It looks like they're building on and refining the mechanics that they designed for those games. I hadn't played those video games, so didn't seek them out but I have played the first RE, so the setting and characters are more interesting to me. The fact that they've been able to refine the gameplay is also intriguing.

If I dive in, it'll likely be just the core pledge. The number of extra bonus characters in the KS edition make it seem likely worth the extra I'll end up spending on shipping.

Anyone else a fan of the Resident Evil series? I believe the movie was the first instance I can remember of legitimately enjoying a video game movie adaptation. I have the whole series on Blu-ray, though they're primarily a guilty pleasure after the first film.

Reading through the campaign page has gotten me to finally start playing through the RE2 videogame remake I bought on sale last Christmas and start playing through it. I missed the boat on the original series back on the PS, and only started with RE4 on the GameCube.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ste...board-game
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2021, 01:15 PM
RE: A new Zombie game on Kickstarter - Resident Evil
Cool components-the Game reminds me a bit of MoM.

I guess the decision to buy breaks down to if you really like the Resident Evil Theme enough to add
another Zombie Game to your collection.It does scratch different itches from Zombicide & LNoE
but it's basically MoM with Zombies & cooler components.

I'm a big theme kinda of guy so if your into Resident Evil, (which it appears you are)Pledge ON.
I notice it had a Solo Mode so your OK even if your Game Group isn't into it.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-12-2021, 12:22 AM
I ended up backing at the base level in the last 48 hours. Yeah I probably have too many zombie games but honestly, action adventure horror games are kind of my bread and butter and I do love the franchise. The large number of extra characters and enemies for the ks edition also made a compelling argument.
11-12-2021, 02:50 AM
I knew you would .

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-12-2021, 07:43 PM
I am a big fan of the Resident Evil series. Res. 1 changed computer gaming forever on the PS1. It changed gaming from something for kids to properly adult gaming. I've played every Resident Evil game up until 4 after that point I have lost interest. I even have a large Hunter model on top of one of my painting cabinets lurking above me now (these were the green creatures that leapt at you and could 1 shot you with a decapitationZombie13).

The kickstarter looks great. What sells it for me are the miniatures. They have included EVERYTHING! I really appreciate the attention to detail. I won't be jumping on this for a couple of reasons: I don't back kickstarters and I already get my Zombie fix from LNoE and Dead of Winter.

Thanks for the heads up. Please let us know what you think of it when you get it.