Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A peek at Colonial Horror
09-01-2015, 01:00 AM
A peek at Colonial Horror
Just got Colonial Horror and Curse of the Werewolf

Instant review. On phone

The box is smaller and so are the card amounts, geared to less players. That's ok
Easier to blend the decks that way. Except the start cards and training cards and shocking discovery, the cards are new and different. New secrets. New heroes. New villians, new main deck. Even when they duplicate a minion or elder, the text and game effect is different so not a waste.

Yeah, roaming minions are tough and add so much energy to the game but man there are two other mechanics ( lightning and cursed) that destroy cards from the center line AND your personal deck!!! Yep. You will now lose stuff!!!! Good stuff. Not just start cards. But with curses it is a choice. You destroy a card you use to acquire the card. And some of the Villians are cruel! You really think about that Final score when cards get destroyed ( even start cards are worth one point) but those roaming minions keep marching to end everyone's game.

For the record. Say hi to

Thomas the courier
Sara the bright witch
Inspector Cooke
Argot Blackwell
And
Anne Marie.

09-02-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: A peek at Colonial Horror
Sara the Bright Witch and Inspector Cooke are among my favs from the Original aToE. Glad to see them ported into the card game. Still, Deck building games aren't really my thing and this game didn't do much to change that opinion. Probably will be letting it go to someone in the local community in a couple months at our LGS board game auction.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: A peek at Colonial Horror
(09-02-2015 08:08 PM)Raynor Wrote:  Sara the Bright Witch and Inspector Cooke are among my favs from the Original aToE. Glad to see them ported into the card game. Still, Deck building games aren't really my thing and this game didn't do much to change that opinion. Probably will be letting it go to someone in the local community in a couple months at our LGS board game auction.

I never really liked deck builders either. Felt there was too much about the raw numbers. This amount of blue and this amount of red means I take that card.

But with the new roaming minions and destruction of cards, you get more of a feel of ATOE stories being told. If they could make the Main Deck be proper linked minions then they'd have it fully!