Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A whole mess of custom heroes.
07-16-2012, 08:18 PM
RE: A whole mess of custom heroes.
Anyone that is interested in the effects that both FlyingFrog and 'Pockets' used on their custom cards -- I'm pretty sure that is just the standard 'Watercolor' filter found in almost every version of photoshop. Might have to tweak it a bit to make it look right, but that's what I've been using.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2014, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 10:15 AM by DanteFaustus.)
RE: A whole mess of custom heroes.
(12-27-2009 05:19 AM)pockets Wrote:  My friends and I have inevitably taken to breaking out LNOE every time we meet up these days and we've been having a ball. a common complaint among my player group, however, is that there are too many student heroes in comparison to the rest of the cast, especially when cards that affect non-student hero types come into play. With that in mind, my friends have tasked me with creating heroes to round out the cast based on the four other hero types in the base game (Holy, Strange, Law Enforcement, and Medical.)

Keeping in mind that we don't have access to any of the expansions at this time (and that I'm mostly unfamiliar with the characters within, except for the diner cook who i understand is supposed to be some kind of unstoppable behemoth) I've whipped up 12 heroes - 3 of each non-student hero type to match the 4 students, minus 1 holy - and another student, for the hell of it. In the interest of keeping the game fair toward the zombie players, I've tried to keep the characters as balanced as possible, while still being interesting and appealing to my players (with varying levels of situational usefulness, of course.)

I'd love some input and advice to further balance these characters, and if any of these heroes tickle your fancy, please feel free to use them! Thanks for your time.

Holy Heroes
Miss Agnes - The Ornery Old Church Organ player.
Sister Charity - The Nun with a Dark Past.

Law Enforcement Heroes
Officer Holmes - The Unlucky Highway Patrol Officer
Stanley - The Old, Gruff Security Guard
Charlie - The Businesslike Private Investigator

Medical Heroes
June - The Shy Med Intern
Rusty - The Lazy Emergency Medical Technician
Dr. Tanner - The Pathologist with a love for Blood

Strange Heroes
Lacey - The tough-as-nails Biker Chick
Veronica - The seductive Con Artist
Sergeant Kirkpatrick - The Wheelchair-bound Veteran

Student Hero
Tiffany - The frightened Cheerleader.

Overall nice work. The vet I think is my fave.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply