Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
A word of appreciation to friskers96 and this community in general.
05-06-2013, 11:30 PM
A word of appreciation to friskers96 and this community in general.
Barely a week ago, I longed for how to create custom LNOE character cards for my family. I wanted them to look as close to the originals as possible, so as to surprise my family for our next session.

I am TERRIBLE at arts and crafts. I only took the class in school cause pretty girls did.

But I do feel, having been a Dungeon Master and working in independent game design since the mid 80's, I could create some unique and balanced game versions of the wife and son. Except they would look bush league.

Enter friskers.

Within 24 hours, he had offered ideas and his services. Now, barely 96 hours later, I hold in my hands astoundingly well crafted Hero Cards of my family with which to surprise them for this Friday's weekly session. I mean it---these are just simple gorgeous beasts he manufactured.

Over the internet, it is hard to convey appreciation or joy when a total stranger does something kind. While this isn't returning a man's wallet or saving a kitty out of a tree, it is still something I personally really appreciate. It is the homebrew flexibility and the FFP community that drew me here. And I am staying. Now I just gotta pay it forward.

Thanks, friskers. Know that your efforts will make a horror geek family very happy this Friday night, and many to come!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: A word of appreciation to friskers96 and this community in general.
Thanks for sharing and a huge Thumbs up to the mighty Friskers!!!Zombie17
05-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Yes, frisk is pretty awesome. Watchmen02
Good to know you're having fun, both here and with the game!
05-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Thanks, glad you like them. I'm always worried if people will like the stuff cause like I said in the emails, I see every flaw, down to a tiny bit o white on a spec of an edge. Hopefully the family goes nuts over them, have fun with them. Happy Gaming! Watchmen02

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Friskers friskers he's the man if he can't do it no one can!
05-07-2013, 03:57 PM
This makes me smile. We do try our best to foster community in here, rather than just being forums.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Too cool! Had to give Friskers a +1 rep for helping out one of our horde! LOL!

Cloaker,

That sounds like a really cool addition to your game! I am sure the family will love it! You will have to be sure to let us know how it goes. ;-)