Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AMC Orders WALKING DEAD Series
03-30-2010, 04:30 PM
AMC Orders WALKING DEAD Series
(From Mania.com)
We have been following the development of a TV pilot based on Robert Kirkman's 'Walking Dead' comic. The trial balloon was being written and directed by filmmaker Frank Darabont and produced by Gale Anne Hurd.

Well, without a single frame of the pilot being filmed AMC has gone ahead and expanded their interest to a early series order, according to the Hollywood Reporter. In fact, the show isn't even cast yet, but the cable net has gone ahead and asked that six episodes be filmed.

The short series length isn't unusual for AMC. They typically run 13-episode seasons, unlike the broadcast nets who may order 22 episodes or more. And AMC shows like 'Breaking Bad' started off with abbreviated first season as a way of dipping a toe in the water to see if its worth diving in.

The show aims to start filming in June in Atlanta for an October premiere.

So far the only official casting on the show is Jon Bernthal, who was announced as playing Shane in the pilot. However, Blood-Disgusting.com reports that Johnny Lee Miller is the front runner for the lead role in the series. Lee would be playing Rick Grimes, the cop who sleeps through the initial wave of infection and wakes up 28 days later (seriously) to a zombie-infested world. He has to reconnect with his wife and son (who are being protected by Shane) and eventually becomes the de facto leader of a growing group of survivors trying to hold their lives together.

Miller has previously been seen as the lead in 'Eli Stone' as well as numerous movies.

In related news, ShockTillYouDrop.com reports that KNB Effects Group are tasked with making the dead walk in the pilot. Greg Nicotero, partner in the makeup effects shop, confirmed the info. KNB have previously worked with Darabont on his big screen adaptation of Steven King's story 'The Mist'. You've also seen their zombies in 'Diary of the Dead' and 'Survival of the Dead'.

What do you think? Are you down for WALKING DEAD: THE TV SERIES? Do you like Miller in the lead? If not him, then who?

[Image: chelsea_party_54_wenn1466714.jpg]

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2010, 09:43 PM
RE: AMC Orders WALKING DEAD Series
Hmm.. He's a bloody Englishman!

I have to be honest, I've not seen Miller in too many roles (or at least any that I can remember)

Grimes should have a quiet confidence, and a cool demenor (at least at first). Timothy Olyphant, recently in the series JUSTIFIED, may have been a good choice...But to be honest, it all hinges on the writing.

IF they turn this into a 'zombie gore movie' I think it will fail.

IF they can manage to keep the drama on the characters, using the threat of the zombies in the backdrop, I think this thing could have half a chance.

It's still not going to be given any chances by oodles of people, just because of the subject matter.

Still, we'll have to wait and see, i guess.

Zalgo....he comes.
04-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Can't wait for this but living in the UK it be be some time before we see it if ever.
Find all posts by this user
04-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Heck yeah! Can't wait to see if they do something good with it. As long as they keep the tone and the focus on the human drama, I'm happy.
04-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Frank Darabont's involvement will probably only help the show, not hurt it.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
04-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Brit actor Andrew Lincoln has been cast in the lead role in AMC's comic-based TV series 'The Walking Dead'.

Lincoln, a veteran of several TV series in the UK and currently appearing in 'Strike Back', will play police officer Rick Grimes, who awakens from on-the-job injuries to find that the world has been transformed into a zombie nightmare and goes in search of his wife, son and any semblance of civilization.

Lincoln is the second player cast, joining Jon Bernthal ('The Pacific'), who plays Grimes' partner.

AMC currently has an order for six episodes of the show, which is being developed by Frank Darabont based on the comics by Robert Kirkman. Variety also reveals that Jack LoGiudice ('Sons of Anarchy') is now on board as co-executive producer.

The show should hit the airwaves in October.

[Image: andrew_lincoln.jpg]

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
04-20-2010, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2010 05:46 PM by Sarku.)
Actor Jeffrey DeMunn has joined the cast of AMC Television's 'The Walking Dead' according to a report appearing on FEARNet.com. Producer/director Frank Darabont revealed the news at the Dallas International Film Festival.

"We've also just gotten Jeff DeMunn. I've always said Jeff DeMunn is my good luck charm, and I can't make a film without him," Darabont said. "We've just gotten him on board as one of the ensemble members, which is a great joy for me. One of the great pleasures of doing anything is to be able to reconvene with those colleagues who have the talent and provide you with the comfort zone of great collaborative, positive energy."

DeMunn has appeared in numerous Darabont films. The director did not reveal what role the actor had been cast in but FEARNet makes an educated guess that he'd play Dale which definitely seems the most age-appropriate. Dale is a retiree who's RV becomes an initial base for the band of survivors.

Darabont also revealed that they are looking to cast two female roles in the ensemble.

[Image: 1244842449_jeffreydemunn01.jpg]

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
04-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I thought Dale as well.
04-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Frank Darabont is definitely a plus plus! I like his work and the guy does his research and knows the subject matter of anything he works on. Been following this for a while since I LOVE the comic series! Cannot wait!

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."