Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
05-15-2009, 07:07 PM
ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
Hit tonight by the 3 Red Rings of Death....second time this has happened!!

So wont be on for a bit!!

But before I talk to MS to send it off for repair, I am going to speak to consumer advice in the morning to check my rights under the Sale of Goods Act.

Here's hoping I can go into HMV on Monday and just get it swapped!

Wish me luck!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2009, 09:51 PM
RE: ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
NOOOOO!!!

I had it happen (for the second time as well) just after Christmas time.

Luckily, I was able to get them to swap me a new unit....AND I kept my old harddrive (which I popped right it with no issues).
PLUS, they gave me the 'package games' of Indiana Jones (lego) and Kung Fu Panda....I've yet to play either.

Make sure you get that harddrive James, or you'll lose all your gamerscore.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Just back from HMV with my new Elite in hand...yippee!!

SV, I kept the Hard Drive so all my lovely achievements are intact!

So maybe see some of you guys online soon.
05-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Good deal. I was wondering what you were up to. I haven't seen anyone online for quite a while. I've become quite the Peggle addict. My hand is healing pretty nicely. I'm not up to full playing capacity. But, I played a solo game of COD and finished up Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. That game was fun but it was a little underwhelming.

Good times. Maybe I'll see you guys online next week.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
05-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Even if you lost your harddrive, you would still have your Gamerscore as it's kept on the Live servers. You'd just need to recover your account. Of course all your game saves would be gone so you'd have to start all games from scratch again, but your GS would still be there.
05-17-2009, 01:43 AM
Sárku Wrote:But, I played a solo game of COD and finished up Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. That game was fun but it was a little underwhelming.

Good times. Maybe I'll see you guys online next week.

I was completely disappointed with Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I bought it because I was a fan of the first two X-Men Legends games and thought it was going to be the same but with a slew of crappy MU characters. Well it certainly had the crappy characters, but it's not the same. They completely dumbed down the customization of leveling up characters from XML2. Not only that, but the fact that each time you unlock a character, they start on the default of automatically spend points. So by the time you go to switch it to manual, there is a handful of points already permanently wasted in some skills you may not even want since you can't remove the first skill point. That was just an idiotic idea. Why not make everyone start on manual and then if you're the kind of person who has trouble remembering how to spell your own name you can switch it to automatic. And even the way you get health and energy orbs was simplified to the point that it seems that the game is designed for Ages 4-8. Add to the fact that the roster is chock full of the characters who were completely useless and unpopular back when I was a reader of Marvel and the whole thing comes off as disappointing.

I don't know if it's because of all the above, but my friend and all also felt that the levels were very unenjoyable, too. If they had taken the advanced gameplay of XML2 and given it a bit more variety of locale as in XML1, it might have been interesting. Instead they slapped a coat of mediocrity over it and made it simple enough that anyone who had received massive brain trauma could also play AND be disappointed by it. Needless to say my friend and I have no intentions of getting MUA2.
05-18-2009, 09:59 PM
mine is broken too, so ill be out for around a month.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
05-19-2009, 04:41 PM
n107 Wrote:I was completely disappointed with Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I bought it because I was a fan of the first two X-Men Legends games and thought it was going to be the same but with a slew of crappy MU characters.

I guess I liked it for it's simplicity. A mindless romp using some of my favorite characters!!! Sign me up!

BUT...I also got it free when I bought my XBOX, so that lessens any sting I may have felt.

Looking forward to MUA 2, of which I just read a preview. Looking pretty good so far!

Zalgo....he comes.
05-19-2009, 05:01 PM
It was fun to play, but it left me hollow when I beat it. I loved the Legends games. I did like the different costumes, but I will agree with there being characters I just didn't want to use. I have yet to check out MUA2...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
05-19-2009, 06:19 PM
if you guys liked it the hero and villian packs for it are half off this week, i think it might be next.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]