Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ATOE new convert!
05-06-2012, 10:36 AM
RE: ATOE new convert!
I picked this game up and the Something Wicked expansion. I had a chance to play today and had a great time. I was just learning the rules so I was just playing solo. Much easier to get my head around than Arkham Horror was and the board a much better size for my table than Arkham's giant board.

I think I'll be going with the painting scheme above, but that will have to wait until I have finished all my Growing Hunger models.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2012, 11:31 AM
The thing I like the most in AToE (as opposed to AH) is that each villain has custom minions.In AH you get get a grab bag
of Mythos beings,you may have YIG as the GOO but the minions you encounter mostly havie no connection to YIG.

AH also has the Monster parade through the streets which I find very non Mythos ,AtoE handles it's Villain
& Minion encounters much more realistically.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
05-07-2012, 03:11 PM
See thats just gorgeous,Im gonna do mine like this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2012, 08:17 AM
welcome Atraangelis,
I'v been playing FANG more lately and last friday I played LNOE again with the Emp, but I have to say that ATOE is still my favourite, but then again each game is so very different mainly because of the various themes that are used, if you are a big zombie fan LNOE will probably feed your needs the most, FANG is faster paced because of its theme (action/adventure). For me, I like the monster the most so ATOE it is. Watchmen02
I see you liked the sepia figures, very easy to do and they look great on the board, make sure you do the basses in a dark color because they will stand out more on the board.
Maybe even check out the stony figs i did, they look great on the board as well( just a dark primer and then highlight with space wolves grey, give it a devlan mud wash and that's it), don't forget the custom dice thread, a lot of repetitive work but worth it in the end.
grts
the kiddarqo