Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AToE just Killed my Arkham Horror...
09-26-2012, 03:45 PM
AToE just Killed my Arkham Horror...
I just got The Coast and hero pack 2...

I set up a table to get a feel for the layout of the three boards using all decks..(preplanning for this weekend)

I will say.. AToE just put my AH game down... probably for good..

There is so much to do , so many places to go and sucha deep variety of characters to play its not even funny...

The board size now can accommodate 2 4 player teams with ease. I may even try this out with 3- 3 man teams..

The best part of the game is it scales greatly!... IF i only have an hour or two.. Base.. If i have 4-5.. the entire layout!(3 boards)

The components are absolutely gorgeous and match just fine with previous editions decks.

Great job FFP.. I hate to say it but my investigators are wondering whats north!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2012, 05:00 PM
RE: AToE just Killed my Arkham Horror...
North? The Lost Colony.....

(Personally, I would like to see 3 long very thin boards of woods and trails leading from The Coast to Shadowbrook...you can use one, two or three, sitting right on top of the other boards as needed. There need not be a connection road at Shadowbrook or Echo Lake...just 'woods'. The one farthest East would have the Lost Colony's original location. But deeper West? Just some 'location zones', un-named. When you encounter the 'location zone' space all sorts of mysterous things can occur (as usual with the Corner Decks) including possible 'Remains in Play' Location: ancient caves, a temple, indian tribe, large stone shaped like a face, slaughter area, gold mine, 'You're Lost!', weird deformed natives, cultish colonists, viking ruin, the Lost Colony etc. that permanetely effect that zone in some way. Heck, the 'Lost Colony' could actually be a Villain!!! This could provide another quick but dangerous path from board to board...."Well, you could take the road, but there is a old path through the north woods that some say is quicker...providing you don't get lost..or worse...)

09-27-2012, 06:04 AM
RE: AToE just Killed my Arkham Horror...
I agree I do like the game with all the boards much better than AH but will probably play it from time to time with some friends. AToE is just a more fun game to play thematically than AH and though there are not as many possible encounters the ones that there are are more veries and fun.

The Woods idea sounds like a ton of fun. I really hope that something like that does come out. Being able to see more of the "surrounding area" would be a great expiriance and the introductions of natives would make for some interesting encounters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply