Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advanced Abilities ?
02-09-2012, 11:22 AM
RE: Advanced Abilities ?
To be honest I found the advanced abilities a little dissapointing. They are mainly a little extra wich the hero gets according to what kind of abilities they have. We used them once and everyone tried really hard to get their little herocard...and then we did get allot of "that's it??" looks. Watchmen02

It's a fun expansion though and being a true fan you just feel the need to get it don't you? I know hehehe.
Don't get me wrong here, the entire idea of levelling your hero is great...it's just the things they received...well...we expected more.
Taking "realisme" into acount they make allot more sense. I gues me and my group just expected other type of things. (I did not read the cards before putting them into play so it was also a surprise to me)

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2012, 02:52 PM
from the reviews i read regarding the advanced ability, i think you should get it if you really want to have the complete LNOE game. other than that, i dont think it's worth it because these abilities are not balanced at all between characters, jenny still pretty bad even with her new ability..., and these ability often would only come into used near the end of a game.
Find all posts by this user
02-15-2012, 05:30 PM
I think the Advanced abilities are a worthy addition to the game. We've tried playing both ways, and although the experience system seems wonderful thematically, I didn't think it played so well. I like adding them as additional abilities from the start. I also love that they tried to solve the problem of the massive decks created by mixing in all the expansions by having some characters burn the hero deck to activate their ability. I think this should have been for every character. It would really make you think before using them because your deck will eventually get pretty small. Of course this benefits the Building pick up abilities, too, so there is that benefit for the heroes.

If my planet were a superball, I'd be its' mighty King.
But ruling over rubber probably doesn't mean a thing.
02-16-2012, 05:35 PM
I would be keen to create a whole new Level Up system if everyone is fine by it :p

Give me a month.