Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advanced Abilities snowball effect?
10-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Advanced Abilities snowball effect?
Hi guys and gals,

We have been trying the adveanced abilityies a few times, and were wondering if we were the only ones feeling that there might be a snowball effect in those getting advanced abilities first, seems to get an advantage over the other side, which leads to more advantages?

Is that just us?

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2011, 12:26 PM
RE: Advanced Abilities snowball effect?
This is true, but the first one's hard enough to come by. I just don't play with them *every* game. Sometimes they're in, sometimes they're not.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2011, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2011 11:52 AM by samuraitrev.)
All the more reason for the Heroes to get out there and start mashing maggot sacks instead of hanging back cowering in the shadows!.

The thought of Zombie gaining Advanced Abilities has been known to make my little Zombies even more Hungry for rare Hero brain!

In all seriousness. If one side does get lots of Advanced Abilities and the other side doesn't it's just indicative of which way the battle's going. Hey if this brings the end of the game a little sooner. No worries time for another game!

To the victor the spoils!Zombie13
10-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Ah, but in our opinion the game seems very balanced, and is rarely decided untill the last 2 or 3 turns, sometimes in the last turn. But when playing with Advanced Abilities, it seems that the side getting them first begins to steamroll over the others... Any comments? And we agree that not all scenarios should include advanced abilities...

Cheerio,
A

[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
10-26-2011, 01:40 PM
SovTech, if you find that, here's a simple fix:
Kills of entities that already have advanced abilities are worth more XP towards acquiring one of your own.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Thanks mqstout, thats a good idea! I wonder... They said that advanced abilities were a preview of an expansion to come... I wonder how they will implement the future expansion?

Cheerio,
ST

03-29-2012, 10:05 PM
You've got to have good teamwork with the heroes now more than ever which I really enjoy. As OP as some advanced-abilities are, there are a lot of OP combos heroes can get so I think it's pretty even. Playing heroes is def. harder, but still very winnable and more fun!