Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
similarities timber peak and stories of the undead inferno?
03-29-2012, 12:43 PM
similarities timber peak and stories of the undead inferno?
Hey guys,

I noticed this while reading the threads and watching the clips on youtube, but are there any similarities between timber peak and the unofficial stories of the undead inferno expansion.

For instance, the fire rules jason c hill talks about. those can be found in SotUI too. I guess there will be a different system for that then.

And one of the buildings will be the lumbermill, which can also be found in SotUI.

I'm just wondering if there will be even more similarities between those two, not to mention the blood in the forest expansion. Sure there will be a lot of new stuff, which in my opinion is worth paying money for, but i was thinking about printing the whole SotUI. Don't know if i'm gonna be doing that.

Did you guys find anything else, let me know!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2012, 01:59 PM
RE: similarities timber peak and stories of the undead inferno?
Fire: Originally added by FFP in Invasion from Outer Space.

Lumbermill/Forest theme: a common zombie trope.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2012, 04:31 PM
(03-29-2012 01:59 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Fire: Originally added by FFP in Invasion from Outer Space.

Lumbermill/Forest theme: a common zombie trope.

Ahh... so the fire comes from FFP. is it the same system? Logically they'll be putting it in LNOE now.
03-29-2012, 05:32 PM
While I can't answer definitively, I'm pretty sure the LNOE fire rules will be the same as IFOS'. Both games already use the same "engine" and are compatible/interchangeable with one another.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Never had the opportunity to play with the Stories of the Undead Inferno...

But here is some help for you guys...

This is the text presente in flying frog wiki about Timber Peak

Escaping from the zombie-overrun town of Woodinvale, a handful of survivors make their way up into the mountains – but as they reach the small logging and mining town of Timber Peak, they discover that a new nightmare has just begun!
Last Night on Earth: Timber Peak is an action-packed standalone expansion for Last Night on Earth and includes everything needed to play. Introducing the brand new town of Timber Peak with a full set of game boards, six new Heroes (including three Survivor versions of Heroes from the original Last Night on Earth), four Generator objective pieces, a full set of 14 Zombies, a host of new Scenarios, rules for fire breaking out and spreading, over 130 new game cards, and a full Experience System for both Heroes and the Zombie horde to gain upgrades within the course of each game!
Timber Peak is packed with new material for veteran players to add to their toolbox, and a fantastic way for new players to jump into the action. A modular board randomly determines the layout of the town at the start of each game and there are several different scenarios to play, adding lots of replayability.

Good Luck people

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
03-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Curious to see how it integrates into the original LNOE as they seem to be marketing it as a stand alone.
03-29-2012, 08:14 PM
What i see is...

it kind of doesn't integrate with the original game...

Timber Peak seems to be a neighboor small town...
So is sort of the sequel of the "first movie"...
1 Chapter - Last night on Earth: Woodinvale Chronicles
2 Chapter - Last night on Earth: Timber Peak Terrors

at least is how it feels for me now...

The first heroes now are grizzled by the outbreak... and we have newcomers... so i don't expect them to work smoothly together... but i believe eveyone will do it somehow...

Can't wait to have The Sally twins playing on the same board. Sounds retarded because it is... but is worth the laugh...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
03-30-2012, 02:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2012 02:18 AM by D153453D.)
Any similarities are just coincidence. The fire system, will be different than eh one from IFOS as Jason told me. I'm not sure how much though.

P.S. I like my lumbermill better Watchmen02

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
03-30-2012, 08:01 AM
(03-30-2012 02:17 AM)D153453D Wrote:  Any similarities are just coincidence. The fire system, will be different than eh one from IFOS as Jason told me. I'm not sure how much though.

P.S. I like my lumbermill better Watchmen02

So you did the inferno expansion or the timber peak one? if you did inferno. props for you, they really look great. like the hotel/motel a lot, and the rules of second floor. I'm thinking of getting it printed on cardboard directly, so it integrates better with the l-shapes i have. don't know about the counters yet. it's a lot of work.

and what about integration of timber peak and the original LNOE. I'm kinda wondering how the card system will work. Just throw all the cards you have together? then you will have a herodeck over 150 cards. try to find keys then. surely they thought of that.

very excited about the experience system. especially the way you can buff a current skill.

Do they allready have an release date for timberpeak?