Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dual Handguns
02-24-2012, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2012 11:03 PM by Spidey NZ.)
Dual Handguns
Before i went to sleep I had a couple of ideas and questions, so understandably my sleep was unsettled. Watchmen02

I thought of a custom card.

Dual Handguns

range 3

Double-handed.

hero rolls 2 D6 for each model within range and for each model with in space. on a roll of 4+, on either dice, target is wounded (target can be wounded multiple times) if the hero rolls doubles on any of his dice, the weapon is out of ammo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the idea for this was to get across the frantic and random fast paced shooting of two hand guns. It's powerful, but its a double handed weapon, normally double handed weapons are normally pretty in favour of heroes.

Any way that was one idea, I was wondering, how do you guys introduce custom cards to your deck. (do you cover all your other cards in slips?) (or carefully cut the picture and text box out of a regular card, and Frankenstein it up?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if i cant figure out how to initiate the dual handguns card, i was thinking of making a house rule, of when a character has 2 revolvers. they can choose to dual wield and fire both at the same time, in the ranged attack phase. either both at one target, or at seperate targets within range. It takes up their two weapon slots and it has a higher chance or running out of ammo.

Phew! now i can sleep. what do you guys think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2012, 11:03 PM
RE: Dual Handguns
Buy the Survival of the Fittest supplement, as well as Hero Pack 1. SotF introduces duct tape, which combines items, and Hero Pack 1 has the Hunting Rifle, a very powerful gun that can be fired twice in a turn.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
02-25-2012, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2012 12:36 AM by vikinglad.)
I like the dual handguns idea. Let us know if you try it out.

I have never made a custom card beyond my 1 Ash hero card, and I didn't do much to make it blend in from the back. When I made a replacement card for my HeroQuest game, I printed the card and cut it out slightly smaller than the other cards. Then, I took a card I cared less about and glued the new one to it with a glue stick. This worked pretty good for that. Looked perfect from the back, like in the deck when drawing from the top.

Post 777, Super Lucky!
02-25-2012, 04:38 AM
(02-24-2012 11:03 PM)victor.w Wrote:  Buy the Survival of the Fittest supplement, as well as Hero Pack 1. SotF introduces duct tape, which combines items, and Hero Pack 1 has the Hunting Rifle, a very powerful gun that can be fired twice in a turn.

yeah i have the hunting rifle. its a good gun
03-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Well in IFOS we have Brace of Pistols... does not count as double handed but are a couple of pistols that you may fire against any two targets you want and if you roll doubles the gun gets discard...

adding double handed and doing an immediate discard probably should balance.

for instance you start shooting at a space with 4 zombies
by the second one you roll a couple of 3´s you have to discard the guns and the third and fourth zombies can't be targeted.

And still would be a great weapon. Hence the chance to get doubles are 1/6...
03-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Duct Tape works like this;

If 2 guns are combined then they may both fire as a Ranged Attack, at the same or different targets.

Both guns count as 1 for their carry limit.

if 1 gun or Item is needed to be discarded, then both guns or items are discarded.

When an Item or gun needs to be discarded (meaning after you roll a 1 or the item breaks) roll a D6 if the roll is 4+ it is not discarded.

From SOTF page 3

just adding

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
03-29-2012, 09:53 PM
I LOVE the idea of dual-handguns. Very cool!