Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Against all odds
02-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Against all odds
I had this happen today. I was the zombie player and i wounded a hero, I then played 'i feel kind of strange, which will turn them into a zombie next wound. I then attacked him with remaining zombie and he played 'Against all odds.' which allows him to roll an extra dice and cannot die. The hero play failed and took his wound. but then that would trigger the 'I feel kinda strange.' which turns them undead.

Is it the same as dying. we just let the hero off. I got him next turn anyway. Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2012, 11:39 PM
RE: Against all odds
Tough one.... roll a d6, on a 4+ he dies, otherwise he lives! let the dice gods decide Zombie03

Seriously though, Against all odds says "That Hero rolls an extra Fight Dice and cannot be Killed in any way" so I would say that no he doesn't become a zombie because, technically, you have to die to turn into one!

That's my 2c anyway Watchmen02
02-13-2012, 12:11 AM
thanks. I assumed, you turn into a zombie, you die. we let him live
02-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Hi, hmmm Im not sure. I kinda think their a Zombie now Watchmen02

I Feel Kinda Strange
Play this card on a Hero when they take a wound from a Zombie. The next time the Hero would be wounded, instead they are turned into a Zombie Hero.

"...like I'm hungry...for...braaaiinnsss."

Against All Odds
Play this card on any Hero. Until the end of the turn, That Hero rolls an extra Fight Dice and cannot be Killed in any way.

Limit one Heroic card per Hero.

"I'll explain later - now move it!"

Notes from Board Game Geek
Q. If a Hero is wounded by ‘I Feel Kinda Strange’ and is then healed by a First Aid Kit, Becky or Youth ability, is the card still in effect?

A. Even if a Hero heals, ‘I Feel Kinda Strange’ ‘Remains in Play’. This makes the card very dangerous for Heroes and one that is good to cancel if you can.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1699929

Q. Here's the situation:

1) Hero takes a wound from a Zombie.
2) Zombie Player plays ‘I Feel Kinda Strange’
3) Next turn, Hero fights a Zombie and is about to take a wound.
4) Hero Player plays ‘Just a Scratch’.
In this case, the Hero would have been wounded... if not for the ‘Just a Scratch’ card.

So, does ‘Just a Scratch’ do anything to prevent the Hero from becoming a Zombie Hero?

A. Preventing an action (in this case a wound) always trumps an 'instead of' action (such as with ‘I Feel Kinda Strange’ where instead of taking a wound, the Hero becomes a Zombie Hero).

Another example of this is in one of the Growing Hunger preview cards called ‘The Line is Dead!’, the Zombie Player may use the card to cancel a Hero's Search. This would also prevent any action that would be instead of Searching such as using the Pick Up in a building to take a card from the discard pile.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/216024

I think their a Zombie, because you dont need to die. The card states "wounded". I'd also like to hear a couple of other opinions.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
02-13-2012, 09:14 PM
(02-13-2012 08:55 PM)PJON Wrote:  ...
A. Preventing an action (in this case a wound) always trumps an 'instead of' action (such as with ‘I Feel Kinda Strange’ where instead of taking a wound, the Hero becomes a Zombie Hero).
I initially felt the same as PJON, until I read this. Now I am thinking that the card preventing an action (preventing death) trumps the card replacing an action (zombie Hero instead of wound). Truly a tough call though. I would love to hear more opinions myself. Maybe a roll-off isn't a bad idea.
02-13-2012, 09:52 PM
When i have played Agianst all odds, the Hero still takes wounds but not a fatal or Final wound causing death. Against all odds does not prevent a wound ?

Yes, more inpput

02-13-2012, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2012 10:58 PM by mqstout.)
No death. Notice the "in any way" clause on the Against All Odds. These also count as deaths towards the Zombie Player's victory as well. This opens up an awesome interaction with "I'll See You In Hell" (http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._Hell!%22)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Thanks guys, i think the ''in anyway'' clause makes sense. including death by zed infection
02-14-2012, 03:49 PM
(02-13-2012 10:55 PM)mqstout Wrote:  No death. Notice the "in any way" clause on the Against All Odds. These also count as deaths towards the Zombie Player's victory as well. This opens up an awesome interaction with "I'll See You In Hell" (http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._Hell!%22)

Thank you for the clarity

02-17-2012, 01:58 AM
As I read it, I Feel Kinds Strange replaces the next wound a Hero would take (irregardless of whether they die or not) with an immediate transformation into a Zombie Hero. They are not killed. I don't think Against All Odds trumps I Feel Kinda Strange.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting