Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Against all odds
02-17-2012, 03:39 AM
RE: Against all odds
Victor, with your interpretation -- "they are not killed" -- it wouldn't count as a victory point towards a Zombie player's goal of winning. It, however, clearly does and is stated repeatedly as such.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Hi, I sorta think the "in anyway" clause tops it. the next wound that the hero would take, would cause them to be no longer living, aka Zombie.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
Find all posts by this user
02-17-2012, 09:06 PM
But zombies are UNdead, not dead. The Hero is turned into a Zombie Hero, but the Zombies don't get a mark towards their win.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
02-17-2012, 11:11 PM
(02-17-2012 09:06 PM)victor.w Wrote:  But zombies are UNdead, not dead. The Hero is turned into a Zombie Hero, but the Zombies don't get a mark towards their win.

ha ha. considered among humans and the living, they are no longer with us.
10-25-2017, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2017 12:20 AM by August700212.)
Has this been officially answered?

I agree that Against All Odds trumps I feel Kinda Strange or having two infection markers. But Against all Odds says "until the end of the turn" and does not prevent the wounds or second infection marker therefore would the hero die/turn in to a zombie as soon as the turn ends?

How does Against all Odds work with "I'll See You In Hell"? Does Against All Odds save the hero from death or are wounds filled and the hero dies at the end of the turn? If all wounds are filled then cards such as Just a Scratch or Not Without a Fight can be used to save the hero when using "I'll See You In Hell".
10-26-2017, 03:24 PM
The answer to this is in the rule book.

Rules Notes:
May Not Be Killed - If a model 'may not be Killed' it means that they may not be killed or turned into a Zombie Hero in any way. The model may still be wounded, they just cannot take their last wound. A model that 'may not be Killed' may not self-inflict a wound that would normally kill them (Ex - Father Joseph's Strength of Spirit ability).
10-26-2017, 06:59 PM
Against All Odds

'Play this card on any Hero. Until the end of the turn, That Hero rolls an extra Fight Dice and cannot be Killed in any way.
Limit one Heroic card per Hero.'

This came up mentioning the card See You in Hell in conjunction with Against All Odds

'It states that the Hero is 'Removed from the board'. For this reason, no amount of 'preventing Wounds' (or preventing a character from being killed in any way with the card Against All Odds) is going to help. Even if the Wounds are prevented, the character is still 'Removed from the Board'.'
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/4323737#4323737

Another clarification here (credit to August 700212):

May Not Be Killed
Part of the 'may not be killed' is that the Hero may not be turned into a Zombie Hero in any way.

Growing Hunger Rulebook (p.12)

hope this helpsWatchmen02