Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ahh, felt good to play
12-18-2016, 03:38 AM
Ahh, felt good to play
After at least a year and a half of back-burnering it for newer games, it felt great to play Last Night on Earth again. Still an amazingly fun one!

Tonight, the zombies won the scenario "Zombie Apocalypse", blowing up all six buildings required with just 2 turns left that the heroes would have needed to survive. I (the ZP) got a cluster of cards that were all movement cards to get my zombies all around the board and the heroes just couldn't keep up with it. The heroes managed not to have any deaths!

There were a, as every time we play, plenty of awesome "cinematic!" moments. The one I'll pick as most awesome for the night was thus: I play the ZP card Fighting Instincts (which lets a ZP take a Hand Weapon out of the hero deck and that zombie plays it. The weapon I took was Sledge Hammer (Roll just a single die for the fight; on a 3,4,5, the loser is dead, not just wounded). I rolled it and splattered the brains of the science teacher! But, last minute, the heroes had a card -- last event they had holding on to at the time -- that prevents a hero from dying in any way that turn. He was saved. The science teacher? His roll back was enough to win, and also kill, the sledge-hammer-wielding zombie.

(It was all expansions mixed together, but we didn't use any of the optional rules: any time a card was drawn with fire/experience/survival/unique item/grave weapon, we discarded it and replaced.)

Heroes were: Alice, Mr. Goddard, Jake Cartright (original), Johnny. Well center tile, supermarket, farmhouse, factory and train station corner tiles.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2016, 05:38 PM
RE: Ahh, felt good to play
Cool Game Report there. Sounds like a great game. Maybe it will now find it's way back onto the table more often. I think it's an awesome game, like you say, full of cool cinematic moments.

Just picture the Sledgehammer wielding Zombie smashing the hammer an inch over Mr Goddard's head and then the teacher throwing some sulfuric acid in its face. Killing it as it screamed unearthly howls as it tore off it's own face trying to get off the acid.Zombie13
Find all posts by this user
12-19-2016, 05:50 PM
It was introducing a new person to it, and he expressed wanting to play more. He's the one who plays with us for our ongoing Pathfinder Adventure Card Game campaign play; it's rare that we play other games when he's around. *shrug* We'll see!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-19-2016, 08:36 PM
It's good now & then to pull out an old favorite. I really need to break out AToE as I've never really
played it with the Coast Expansion.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user