Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Airstrike has arrived!
12-11-2014, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 08:09 PM by alderdust.)
Airstrike has arrived!
Looks like a cool Airstrike (3 Dots/strike in none Airstrike scenario plays) rule where you level a random building and heroes and zombies get a wound if inside and on a chance to get a wound on a roll if adjacent to the leveled building.

There is also a zombie card that may allow the zombie player to move the suntracker up or down! That seems nasty!

[Image: pic2338458_lg.jpg]

[Image: pic2338460_lg.jpg]

[Image: pic2338457_lg.jpg]

Anyone got theres yet? Any thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2014, 08:47 PM
RE: Airstrike has arrived!
Yep, I have mine. Got it at GenCon. Haven't played it yet though. Hoping to get to it over Christmas break.

That "All Is Lost" Zombie card could be killer if it's drawn while the ST is near the end already. Could be almost an auto-win for the Z's late in the game if there's a Townsfolk revealed.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
12-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Yeah since we play with all the cards we rule that all "discard X cards" are multiplied by 3 since the deck is about 3 times the size of a normal 60 card deck. So that card would look at 24 cards for a townsfolk in our group.
12-11-2014, 11:57 PM
(12-11-2014 09:09 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Yeah since we play with all the cards we rule that all "discard X cards" are multiplied by 3 since the deck is about 3 times the size of a normal 60 card deck. So that card would look at 24 cards for a townsfolk in our group.

Although discarding more cards greatly helps the Hero players in Scenario Search Item specific scenarios as there'll be lots of Items to get in the Pick Up buildings. Off the top of my head Gasoline for Escape in the Truck. Any Explosives for Burn 'em out. Other goodies like First Aid for Stock Up! etc. Then there's uber weapons like the Signal Flare and Police Shotgun the Hero's would be very happy to see.

Thanks for posting the Airstike stuff. I think mine arrived today too but I'm going to open it on Christmas if I can hold out!Zombie17
12-12-2014, 02:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 02:33 AM by alderdust.)
(12-11-2014 11:57 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 09:09 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Yeah since we play with all the cards we rule that all "discard X cards" are multiplied by 3 since the deck is about 3 times the size of a normal 60 card deck. So that card would look at 24 cards for a townsfolk in our group.

Although discarding more cards greatly helps the Hero players in Scenario Search Item specific scenarios as there'll be lots of Items to get in the Pick Up buildings. Off the top of my head Gasoline for Escape in the Truck. Any Explosives for Burn 'em out. Other goodies like First Aid for Stock Up! etc. Then there's uber weapons like the Signal Flare and Police Shotgun the Hero's would be very happy to see.

Thanks for posting the Airstike stuff. I think mine arrived today too but I'm going to open it on Christmas if I can hold out!Zombie17

Very true we were just trying to find a way to still have the "hero deck running out of cards" as a win option for zombies. Otherwise those cards don't seen so useful.

Oh and trev what's your thoughts on the hammer? Do you think it can only be used once per die to increase by +1 and multiple uses meaning you can increase multiple dice by +1 or could you take a 1 and make it a 6 as long as you passed your break test for each +1 used?

The second part could be nasty because if you fended the zombie off you could increase by +1 to make doubles to kill it.

How about the number counters? When you reveal one and then fail the roll do you just give up your move action and have to try rolling higher next time or is the chance to find the flare lost?

This also means if you find the 6 you won't be able to roll higher and so that's like a false number counter.
12-12-2014, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 08:55 PM by samuraitrev.)
(12-12-2014 02:26 AM)alderdust Wrote:  Oh and trev what's your thoughts on the hammer? Do you think it can only be used once per die to increase by +1 and multiple uses meaning you can increase multiple dice by +1 or could you take a 1 and make it a 6 as long as you passed your break test for each +1 used?

Basically during a Fight you can use the Hammer's Combat Bonus:
1) add +1 to one of your Fight Dice.
2) Roll to see if the Weapon Breaks. (on a 1, 2 or 3)
3) If your Hammer isn't broken you can goto 1) and fight the same Zombie again and go to add another +1 to the same or another one of your Fight dice.

This card is powerful but has a 50/50 chance of breaking. Thematically it gets stuck in a Zombie's skull.

(12-12-2014 02:26 AM)alderdust Wrote:  How about the number counters? When you reveal one and then fail the roll do you just give up your move action and have to try rolling higher next time or is the chance to find the flare lost?

This also means if you find the 6 you won't be able to roll higher and so that's like a false number counter.

1) You use your Search action to reveal the number counter.
2) Once you reveal the Number Counter it is placed face up if you roll greater than the number You have found an Emergency Flare. If not the number counter is removed. Remember you can still get Scenario Search Items with cards such as Just What I needed etc
12-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Looks pretty cool. Are those actual Flare Tokens, or just printed on plain paper?
12-12-2014, 11:14 PM
(12-12-2014 10:03 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Looks pretty cool. Are those actual Flare Tokens, or just printed on plain paper?

The Flare Tokens came with Blood in the Forest.
12-13-2014, 02:21 AM
(12-12-2014 11:14 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  The Flare Tokens came with Blood in the Forest.

OK, so if I get this, I can just make my own tokens then, since I have 0 expansions.

Christmas is coming though!
12-13-2014, 03:36 AM
Right the sheet says that if you don't have the expansion you can cut out the ones on the sheet or make a copy then cut those out.