Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alan Wake
05-11-2011, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 10:32 PM by thegamelord.)
Alan Wake
I didn't see a thread on this game, yet.

If you like King novels then you'll like this game. I'll give you the basics without spoiling too much.

You're a writer named Alan Wake (duh) You've had a bad case of writer's block for 2 years, you come to bright falls with your wife for vacation. On your first night the cabin is plunged into darkness and your wife disappears, then you wake up having lost time, and you start finding pages to a book you don't remember writing.

This game is awsome, it has a great story, wonderful characters, a cool soundtrack.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2011, 08:02 PM
RE: Alan Wake
(05-11-2011 10:31 PM)thegamelord Wrote:  I didn't see a thread on this game, yet.

If you like King novels then you'll like this game. I'll give you the basics without spoiling too much.

You're a writer named Alan Wake (duh) You've had a bad case of writer's block for 2 years, you come to bright falls with your wife for vacation. On your first night the cabin is plunged into darkness and your wife disappears, then you wake up having lost time, and you start finding pages to a book you don't remember writing.

This game is awsome, it has a great story, wonderful characters, a cool soundtrack.

I loved it! I need to get around to beating the 2nd DLC... My fiancée and I have been watching Twin Peaks and it makes me really want to go back through Alan Wake
09-23-2012, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2012 07:02 AM by Talos.)
Alan Wake is awesome! Some of the most atmospheric gameplay I've ever experienced in an Xbox game, with a ripping score and some great songs by Poets of the Fall (now a favourite band of mine).

The two available DLC expansions are great and 'American Nightmare' gives you the opportunity to resolve Alan's terrible plight once and for all. At least for now... Zombie03

I really hope that they go back to this game again for some new adventures. I can't get enough of it! I've been reminded of the Bright Falls environment by Timber Peak. Has anyone tried an Alan Wake variant for LNoE?
09-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Alan wake is a great game I've got the soundtrack I usually listen to it when playing LNOE to be honest my g/f completed the game 3 times now the artwork that comes with the special addition is fantastic too.
09-23-2012, 11:42 AM
I've heard the Collector's edition was a really nice presentation set. I was a latecomer so I only have the standard version. The CEs do turn up on eBay from time to time.
The soundtrack is great, and if you haven't already done so, grab some of the Poets of the Fall/Old Gods of Asgard (Same band, but as you know 'Old Gods' is the name of the band in the game) singles and/or albums. Some of the best project rock material I've ever heard.
09-23-2012, 01:03 PM
This game sounds great is there any plans to bring it out on PS3? Does it play like Silent Hill?
09-23-2012, 03:42 PM
now were talking silent hill one of my all time fav games not sure if it came out on ps3 but if your a fan of silent hill you will luv alan wake though.
09-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Alan Wake is terrifying. Brilliant game.
09-24-2012, 03:23 AM
It's been around for a while, so if it's not on the PS3 by now, I think it's unlikely it would get a port. It's also a Microsoft Studios production, that won't help either.

It is available for the PC and via digital download on STEAM. There are some mighty discounts to be had if you buy it that way.
09-27-2012, 06:40 PM
I enjoyed Alan Wake, but also found the enemies and fights to be way too repetetive for how long the game was.

I did like the imagery and story elements quite a bit, though.