Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All 20 Promo Cards of Series One
08-13-2009, 09:33 PM
RE: All 20 Promo Cards of Series One
Arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
I wanted to order the extended CD with bonus cards today with the last supplement(pillage) and cannot find it anywhere!!!
Oh the humanity of it all..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2009, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2009 08:53 PM by fallensaviour.)
I just checked all my promo cards I thought I had alot.
Turns out I am missing #'s 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,17,18
out of the first 20 promo cards.???

And need 22,23,24,28,29,31,34,35...37,38?,39?,40?
not sure if the last 3 even exist yet?
That being said I have zombie pillage on order so I really only need the ones from the first 20

How else can I get these cards.I have nothing left to order from FFP...?
Who's got a secret stash?

Better yet who has them all and how did you get them?
game cons promos what have you...
08-19-2009, 07:22 AM
fallensaviour Wrote:I just checked all my promo cards I thought I had alot.
Turns out I am missing #'s 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,17,18
out of the first 20 promo cards.???

And need 22,23,24,28,29,31,34,35...37,38?,39?,40?
not sure if the last 3 even exist yet?
That being said I have zombie pillage on order so I really only need the ones from the first 20

How else can I get these cards.I have nothing left to order from FFP...?
Who's got a secret stash?

Better yet who has them all and how did you get them?
game cons promos what have you...

Well, I can help you out . . . sort of. The number one problem with these promo cards is that if you wanted any hope to have them all you HAVE to have been collecting them from the beginning. I've been fairly vocal over on BGG about promo cards and their exclusivity and how they can cause ill will amongst fans, etc.

If you're interested, the major discussion on this topic was here (and, as you'll quickly notice, it didn't win me a lot of friends):

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/262370/page/1

So as to how to get them, and where they were got? Well, there's three ways to get them. At Cons sometimes, as a promo when buying something, and as a "thank you." I've read of people online getting them as a thanks for something or if FFP screwed up, they'd throw some in. The Con route only works if you're there. So, really, the only sure way to get them is to buy stuff.

The problem there is that most of the promos are limited time, which sucks for guys like you who weren't in the loop from the early days. FFP has said that they'd make all of their promo cards available on their website at some time or another, but, as far as I know, if you've missed the time you're hooped. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they'll put them back up, but they haven't been.

So, where did I get mine? I can try to tell you, but it's been a while for some of them. #1-38 have been "officially" released, although there is a guy on BGG that had #39 and 40 given to him.

You said you've got #11-20 already, except for #17 and 18, which are the music-themed cards and came with the CD. #22,23,24,28,29,31,34,35,37,38 which you mentioned above all come with Zombie Pillage. Now, #1-10 . . . here's the hard part.

I can't remember exactly which, but I believe two came with LNOE (the original game), two cane with GH, two came with Stock Up, two came with extra hero figures, and two came with extra red zombies. I may be wrong on some of those, but the basic gist is that they offered them with something on the webstore, for a limited time, and if you bought that thing then you got them.

The moral of the story: if you didn't get them originally, then you probably never will. I know, it sucks. I'm not gloating here -- I sympathize fully with you and have received a huge amount of flak on BGG for my views.

Here's a few other interesting promo card links:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1941297
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/259615/new
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30567
08-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Yes you did take a little flak...LOL
thanks very much for posting.While being late to the game I'm sure eventually I shall succeed in obtaining many of them....(I hope).
I did mange to get #1,#2 I think with my last order of red Zombies.So I have faith that the others can still be obtained.I would have the ones for the CD but it is currently sold out so will have to wait for that.
Who knows they may release a new scenario that would have #'s 3-10 in it.(crosses fingers)
I hate exclusives but yet I also love them!!!
It's a damn addiction...
I have had my games for several years just never looked into them deeply enough to know there was web stuff or promo cards until recently.
08-20-2009, 05:18 AM
fallensaviour Wrote:Arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
I wanted to order the extended CD with bonus cards today with the last supplement(pillage) and cannot find it anywhere!!!

We had a slight mishap at the factory in China with all our LNOE SE CDs. We should have them back in stock in a few months. Insane19
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2009, 05:23 AM
I've been waiting this long...LOL
A couple more months won't hurt me...
08-21-2009, 05:59 AM
soundgirl Wrote:
fallensaviour Wrote:Arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

We had a slight mishap at the factory in China with all our LNOE SE CDs. We should have them back in stock in a few months. Insane19

Just in time for the release of the new expansion perhaps? I'm going to end up putting in one very large order!
08-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Hey I remember having a hard time getting my 13th Warrior Original Score back when the movie was out. My first order whent to the bottom of the ocean when the ship carrying it sank! So don't worry you will get it soon enough.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
08-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:Hey I remember having a hard time getting my 13th Warrior Original Score back when the movie was out. My first order whent to the bottom of the ocean when the ship carrying it sank! So don't worry you will get it soon enough.

Now that is harsh!!!
I wonder how many cool items are at the bottom of the oceans???
09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
After seeing this post I went and checked what I had. Turns out I was only missing #17 and #18 from the SE CD (which I concidentally had ordered from Amazon marketplace that morning, and now have in hand).
I now have all 1-40. I am not sure how it worked out. I know some are from the 3 supplement packs, and I know 17 and 18 came from SE CD.
At Pax, we spent tons of time talking 2 guys (sadly, I never got their names) and Scott. I know buying certain items netted you some promo cards, but not sure what cards came with what.
My wife told Scott she wanted it all. LNOE, GH, all 3 supplement packs and preordered the 3 new expansions coming soon. I had to talk her down from buying the crystal blue zombies as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if that kinda purchase is few and far between. I thought I heard him say something to the effect of throwing in all the promos because she bought everything. He also threw in a free t-shirt.
So there are at least 40 confirmed now.