Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All three boards...
11-29-2012, 03:35 PM
All three boards...
I just recently purchased The Coast and am wondering is it really worth setting up all three maps and playing the game out? Does it really add that much more to the experience? I am looking for opinions mostly BC I am concerned with space for set up. Looking forward to your replies my fellow ATOE~nites.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2012, 01:20 AM
RE: All three boards...
(11-29-2012 03:35 PM)jibbo1971 Wrote:  I just recently purchased The Coast and am wondering is it really worth setting up all three maps and playing the game out? Does it really add that much more to the experience? I am looking for opinions mostly BC I am concerned with space for set up. Looking forward to your replies my fellow ATOE~nites.

I enjoy it both ways. The core board focuses the game more, but all 3 boards opens things up SO much. So much variety & options. I've organized & pimp'ed my set(s) as much as possible to reduct the amout of space & set up time though, Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
11-30-2012, 02:04 AM
I don't know if I saw it here at TZG or at BGG but I saw a card box where the cards are divided and stored in such a way that they're a bit slanted in order to make the card backs visible and the divisions keep the decks separate from each other. A card storage box and organizer in one, that way you don't have to place the decks in the designated zones. I think it makes it easier for players to draw cards too, just hand them the box or move the box around.

MS: Out of curiosity and slightly off-topic - how long does an ATOE game with all 3 boards last? How long is your fastest game involving all 3 boards?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2012, 07:27 AM
(11-30-2012 02:04 AM)LabRat Wrote:  MS: Out of curiosity and slightly off-topic - how long does an ATOE game with all 3 boards last? How long is your fastest game involving all 3 boards?

Only played about 1/2 a dozen or so w/ all 3 so far, but really in all of them they tended to last about the same as my regular games: right around 2 hrs. Most of my sessions in general tend to run right around that mark. Maybe as low as 90 min & as high as 2 & 1/2?

Even though you've got all those extra boards, locations, etc, the base mechanics stay about the same in that the Shadow Track still moves along at the same clip, so really you've still got about the same amount of time before it's too late...Zombie03
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
11-30-2012, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 08:37 AM by jibbo1971.)
(11-30-2012 02:04 AM)LabRat Wrote:  I don't know if I saw it here at TZG or at BGG but I saw a card box where the cards are divided and stored in such a way that they're a bit slanted in order to make the card backs visible and the divisions keep the decks separate from each other. A card storage box and organizer in one, that way you don't have to place the decks in the designated zones. I think it makes it easier for players to draw cards too, just hand them the box or move the box around.

MS: Out of curiosity and slightly off-topic - how long does an ATOE game with all 3 boards last? How long is your fastest game involving all 3 boards?

I know what you are talking about with the card boxes. I use the clear ultra pro boxes and cut out cardboard dividers to separate the cards. Seems to work fairly well and helps cut down on space and set up time. I have three boxes total for all the cards.
(11-30-2012 01:20 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  
(11-29-2012 03:35 PM)jibbo1971 Wrote:  I just recently purchased The Coast and am wondering is it really worth setting up all three maps and playing the game out? Does it really add that much more to the experience? I am looking for opinions mostly BC I am concerned with space for set up. Looking forward to your replies my fellow ATOE~nites.

I enjoy it both ways. The core board focuses the game more, but all 3 boards opens things up SO much. So much variety & options. I've organized & pimp'ed my set(s) as much as possible to reduct the amout of space & set up time though, Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01
I am gonna try a 3 board solo game soon to test it all out very soon. Thanks for the input!