Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Allies
09-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Allies
I'm pretty sure the answer is, no; but, just to make sure...

If you have ally with a wound marker do you discard them if they take a wound?

Like the dog you find the old woods, he has 2 wound markers, so if you assign to wounds to him is he discarded?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2010, 02:02 PM
RE: Allies
You're correct; no, they're not discarded.

The occasional exception is the Militia Soldier ally card from the Allies expansion, who are sometimes discarded when they are assigned a wound, determined by a die roll. But that's printed on the card itself.
09-16-2010, 09:55 PM
I flippin' knew it!
01-26-2011, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2011 11:47 PM by vikinglad.)
Shoot, we have been discarding them. Didn't they just die? I guess I am stuck in LNOE universe, where you really do die and aren't just KO'd.

So how about this follow up question? Can you heal them for 1 investigation at the doc's?
01-27-2011, 12:10 AM
(01-26-2011 11:47 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  Shoot, we have been discarding them. Didn't they just die? I guess I am stuck in LNOE universe, where you really do die and aren't just KO'd.

So how about this follow up question? Can you heal them for 1 investigation at the doc's?

It adds extra to your hero's wounds. So if you have 3 wound+ally 2 wound= 5 wound. At the doc's it costs you 5 investigation to heal your hero fully.
01-27-2011, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2011 12:25 AM by vikinglad.)
Nice. This makes them much better! We have been killing them off, like the militia.
Oh ya, check out this from BBG FAQ:
Quote:Q28: How do Allies work? How do you determine when they take Wounds? Can they be killed?

A: Any card that plays on your Hero and has a Health box on it, such as the Padded Jacket Town Item or Franklin the Old Hound, just adds to your personal Health Boxes. Allies are NOT discarded if Wounds are assigned to them and these wounds MAY be healed as normal. Think of them as just extending your Hero's total number of Health Boxes, regardless of what type of card it is (Ally, Item, or Event).

Q29: For cards that grant both an additional Wound space and another bonus (such as +1 Combat) does the additional bonus still apply for the remainder of the combat if you've filled the Wound space on the Ally card?

A: They do. Don't think of Ally cards as separate entities so much as just an extension of the Hero itself. While you have the Ally card, your Hero gains all of the bonuses listed. These only go away if the Ally is discarded somehow.
01-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Interestig..I think we have killed them off too.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: