Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Alternate Co-op chart
11-19-2014, 08:18 PM
RE: Alternate Co-op chart
(11-19-2014 07:51 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  
(11-19-2014 06:10 PM)FruitEatingBear Wrote:  Closed is closed, I'd say. No one can go through it, which is why I put the Town Hall as an exception. If you draw a Lair card, or have to do something there, you ignore the card. What do you think?

I thought about that too - and one location where I think it can present a problem is the Crossroads. It would prevent travel between boards except through the secret passages.

That would be fine if it were temporary, like Blocked Road, but otherwise it could be a game breaker.

Also, if you simply ignore the draw (as opposed to re-draw) you may water down its affect on the rest of the board.

I'm OK with the watering down, but you're spot on about the Crossroads closing. Would you like to come up with two 'rare' events to replace this one? One goes on
2/12, the other on 4/2, so they're both uncommon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2014, 08:01 PM
You probably would want to also exclude the Monastery and the Town Center from that mechanic due to those being the recovery locations for Heroes KO'd on those respective boards.

Although you could just say that the game text on the space is obliterated and any corner location deck or town items stack is to be removed from the game, but still allow travel through and occupation of the site. Say the space just becomes as any other blank road space.

Interesting that if a re-draw is not allowed when that card should be drawn later in the game, then players are taking a gamble when they buy a Lair card that they may be drawing a dud and wasting Investigation.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
11-20-2014, 08:37 PM
I think I'll just dump the Mysterious Chasms. I do need two to replace them, though...
How about LOOK WHAT I JUST STEPPED IN: No Hero can willingly enter a town space this turn.
Is that any good?
11-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Maybe I DON'T TRUST 'EM - The Townsfolk become suspicious of the Heroes...blaming them for all the goings on - A Hero must pass an Honor 5+ test or be barred from entering a Town space this turn. Maybe extend to include all named spaces? A Hero may Linger normally if already in a named space, and may use Secret Passages normally.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...