Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alternate take on ammo
10-04-2013, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 03:48 PM by ch82.)
Alternate take on ammo
I was just wondering if anyone has tried out the option to roll for how many rounds a gun has before running out of ammo instead of the old on every roll if you roll a 1 it is out of ammo.

I would imagine as a survivor you would check to see how many rounds you have at some time or another.

How about upon finding a gun roll 1d6 and place that many ammo counters on that weapon. When you run out of ammo you don't have to discard your gun but it pretty much becomes useless until you find an ammo card which lets you stock up with another 1d6.

You could still have something "bad" happen on the roll of a 1 if you want like a weapon jam that would require spending a move action to clear.

Also friendly fire mechanics seem to be absent.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2013, 09:57 PM
RE: Alternate take on ammo
I have a varied RPG game i play. every gun starts with 6 shots when you pick it up, you roll 2 D6 and that is your ammo supply, they would either use xp tokens or write it down.

revolver eg.

2,3, (shots)4,5,6(hits) you remove one ammo.

if you roll a 1 gun jam, mis a firing turn, lose two ammo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply