Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Few Questions (Infection, Cornering, etc.)
01-20-2013, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 12:04 PM by Riboflavin.)
A Few Questions (Infection, Cornering, etc.)
Alright, these may be a very simple answers but they have been nagging my little group.

1a) When a hero is infected, they place an infected marker instead of a wound. Does this count as a wound?

b) Can it be healed like wound? (Hero special ability, first aid kit, etc.)

Ex: Buff Slapfist (it's late, I can't think of his name, the High School Jock) has two hit boxes, wound and killed. He is wounded and a zombie card is played to make it infected. The marker is placed in the first wound slot. If he gets wounded again, he would turn (assuming always zombie hero) and since there is no other hit box there would be no need to roll for an extra wound. However, he could not use his youth ability to heal that infection?

2) When moving diagonally, can you round the corner of a building directly (i.e. going from Square A Northwest to C in 2 moves) or would you have to go around the corner (A to West B to North C in 3 moves?) This question is also in regards to line of sight ranged attacks as well.

3) If you want to bring out a grave dead with a grave weapon, you would have to sacrifice 4 of the end turn zombie spawns (assuming you roll a 4+ on a d6)

4) When gasoline explodes, and it states that the fire spreads twice immediately (out of turn) there would be four fire markers out? (First fire procs second, then next spread both fires proc an addition each?)

I am sure I have a bunch more questions, but as it is late I'll close with these four and just expand this thread as needed with anything else that comes up. I appreciate the clarification, help and input! Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: A Few Questions (Infection, Cornering, etc.)
1: An infected marker is NOT itself a wound. It cannot be healed as a wound; only special things that remove infected markers remove them. Also, from FAQ at back of LNTP rule book: "The Hero doesn’t get the Infected marker until the Fight has been resolved and any Wound already applied."
2: Yes. There are special rules for "pinch corners" when two corners come together. And doors can only be gone through straight. But you can freely go around a corner diagonally. Ditto for LOS.
3: I don't have those rules handy to answer right now.
4: No. The wording is that it -- the marker placed by the gas -- spreads (not rolls to see if it spreads). The initial fire spreads twice, not the new one. Also, the spread roll could roll that it spreads in a direction that is already on fire (or over a board edge, or you're already at your 8-fire limit), which means that you wouldn't get a new fire. (Well, in the 8-fire limit, you might, but you'd remove an existing one first.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-21-2013, 06:05 AM
Well, that changes a lot of things! Looks like I got some homework to do regarding the rules. Digging deep into some older forum posts I've found some awesome FAQs to review as well. Thank you mqstou for your quick response!
01-22-2013, 01:48 AM
Buff Slapfist!!!
01-23-2013, 04:25 AM
Slab Meatchunk!
01-23-2013, 02:20 PM
(01-20-2013 04:25 PM)mqstout Wrote:  2: Yes. There are special rules for "pinch corners" when two corners come together. And doors can only be gone through straight. But you can freely go around a corner diagonally. Ditto for LOS.

I believe when two corners come together only heroes with the "youth" ability can move through the corners....thematically they are able to squeeze through the space while other heroes are too fat. lol I have only seen this happen when playing the large scenarios where you use 6 or more L shaped boards.