Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Always "Always Zombie Heroes and Heroes Replenish"?
10-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Always "Always Zombie Heroes and Heroes Replenish"?
In the TP rulebook, on page 3, it states:

"In Timber Peak, all of the Scenarios use the Scenario
Special Rules for Always Zombie Heroes and Heroes
Replenish (covered on page 22). The intent is that
these two rules are simply now part of the game and
should always be used (as they tend to make the game
more fun all around)."

I only have the base game, so I'm not sure if these two have the same number of "dots" (and I can't find the list of dot rules guide that someone made) but I think they balance each other anyway. My question is - do you guys add this to the previous scenarios prior to Timber Peak?

I started with IFOS (which has Heroes Replenish and 2 additional CPs per Hero death) and usually play with less than 4 people. I've seen that the "death of last hero" rule isn't well-received by the people I play with, so I'm thinking that I'd adapt this for all of my LNOE games moving forward. What about you guys?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 12:28 PM
RE: Always "Always Zombie Heroes and Heroes Replenish"?
Always.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
10-23-2012, 02:50 PM
(10-23-2012 12:28 PM)scarydk Wrote:  Always.

Ditto

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
Find all posts by this user
10-23-2012, 05:13 PM
We have always played Heroe's Replenish once we moved beyond the Intro Game.

In some ways, I think it helps the Zombie players feel more attached to their pawns - they finally have a unique character (like the Heroes always do) instead of the nameless clone zombies.

But it also can keep the Heroes engaged. During our first intro game, one of our players was killed within a turn or two, and because we were unfamilair with the Replenish mechanic, he had to sit and watch for the better part of an hour.
10-23-2012, 07:53 PM
I could honestly go either way. I am definitely all for always using both. But, I also kind of think when you start off with the base game, it can sometimes be fun not to do that for a little bit. It makes actually getting a Zombie Hero for the zombie player that much more special and fun.

Plus, as the hero player, it sucks losing a hero, but can be fun to then get a new one. So, I kind of feel like it helps it feel special when you are relatively new to the game to go with the original rules. Then, once it just feels like a normal part of them game, go ahead and add them to all scenarios. Zombie Heroes are pretty awesome, so definitely something fun to have pop up! ;-)
10-23-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't play the always rule yet. I didn't start writing my Game Reports with that rule included so I won't include it untill I've played each scenario as Zombies then Heroes. So that will be after 42 games. I have 9 Scenarios left to play as Heroes. Then I will adapt the rule. Otherwise the stats wouldn't be fair etc.

Hope this makes sense, I am a big fan of the change. It's the right call.
10-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll start adding that moving forward.
10-24-2012, 08:32 PM
I definitely agree that making the change is the right call. Both are really cool to have in the game. As the zombies, it is almost slightly sad when you kill a hero but don't get a Zombie Hero for it. As the hero player, it stinks losing a hero and not getting another in its place. So, it is definitely cool to have those both automatically in place.

It also helps to make things much less confusing. There are certain situations where you are not 100% sure if the ZP should be getting a Zombie Hero, or is the hero just dead. Same thing with the HP getting a new hero. So, this simplifies all that.
10-25-2012, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2012 10:10 AM by ForestRunner.)
Replenish Heroes: Always for 2 reasons.
1. I find it creates serious imbalance otherwise.
2. As already stated, so everyone remains participating. Our gaming groups are all about fun above all (no matter what the game). Someone sitting there not participating is against the basic premise.

Zombie Heroes: "almost" always. Similar to the TP rule, the transformation occurs unless the hero has been blown into micropieces by an explosive. It make sense, that if you can't bag it, the corpse can't change... Zombie02

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
10-25-2012, 02:56 PM
(10-25-2012 10:08 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  Zombie Heroes: "almost" always. Similar to the TP rule, the transformation occurs unless the hero has been blown into micropieces by an explosive. It make sense, that if you can't bag it, the corpse can't change... Zombie02

Ah, yes. Agreed. We do not observe the birth of a Zombie Hero upon a Hero being blown to smithereens.

Our most aggressive player did that at our last game night. He took out about 8 or 9 zombies and quite enjoyed his little "eff you" to the Zombie players. It was fun to watch. Incidentally, it also turned the tide from the Zombies winning back to the Heroes taking the win.