Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Always "Always Zombie Heroes and Heroes Replenish"?
10-25-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: Always "Always Zombie Heroes and Heroes Replenish"?
(10-25-2012 10:08 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  Replenish Heroes: Always for 2 reasons.
1. I find it creates serious imbalance otherwise.
2. As already stated, so everyone remains participating. Our gaming groups are all about fun above all (no matter what the game). Someone sitting there not participating is against the basic premise.

Zombie Heroes: "almost" always. Similar to the TP rule, the transformation occurs unless the hero has been blown into micropieces by an explosive. It make sense, that if you can't bag it, the corpse can't change... Zombie02

I agree with you in both cases. I've said this before, but I personally kind of feel like NOT having hero replenish can sometimes cause an inbalance in the game. Case in point, if you have four hero players, they each have one hero, meaning when their hero dies, it is their "last hero" so they always get a new hero. However, if you have one hero player, they have to have FOUR of their heroes die before they can ever get a new one, and in almost every single scenario, that would end the game in a Zombie win anyway (in fact, some only take 3 or 2 hero deaths).

So, playing with one hero player, the HP could possibly wind up playing the game with only one hero at some point.

I also agree with you that a Zombie Hero should not result via an explosion death. After all, thematically, you would assume there isn't enough left of their body to become a zombie at all.

You could kind of argue similarly, then, that maybe deaths resulting from fire should not result in a Zombie Hero. However, I can kind of let that slide a little. You can sort of imagine this thematically one of two ways... 1) The hero burns up and dies and then somehow the fire gets put out while there is still enough left of them to become a very nasty, charred up zombie. OR 2) The hero burns up and dies, then, while still on fire, but not yet completely burned away, the hero awakens as a Zombie Hero, still on fire, and yet just as (if not a little more) dangerous than your typical zombie. Pretty cool. LOL!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2012, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2012 11:34 PM by ForestRunner.)
(10-25-2012 08:30 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  You could kind of argue similarly, then, that maybe deaths resulting from fire should not result in a Zombie Hero. However, I can kind of let that slide a little. You can sort of imagine this thematically one of two ways... 1) The hero burns up and dies and then somehow the fire gets put out while there is still enough left of them to become a very nasty, charred up zombie. OR 2) The hero burns up and dies, then, while still on fire, but not yet completely burned away, the hero awakens as a Zombie Hero, still on fire, and yet just as (if not a little more) dangerous than your typical zombie. Pretty cool. LOL!

I'm actually ok with fire deaths. Using my logic in the previous post... it can be bagged, and therefore is subject to the transformation.

In TP it's harder for a zombie to take damage from fire, and there is also a card - "smoldering dead" which makes the zombies immune to damage from fire markers. So thematically I can go with this as fire damage not being enough to prevent the transformation.

Just an afterthought, I might allow a "holy" hero, or hero who now has the keyword "holy" to escape such a fate. It hasn't come up yet, but it's something we'll probably house rule on the fly.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
11-03-2012, 06:47 PM
I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead, so always zombie hero fits that theme. One of the hero upgrades for ranged attack is perfect for this theme as it lets the hero save one bullet to shoot their brain and deny the zombie team a hero!!!
11-05-2012, 08:50 PM
(11-03-2012 06:47 PM)Brentis Wrote:  I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead, so always zombie hero fits that theme. One of the hero upgrades for ranged attack is perfect for this theme as it lets the hero save one bullet to shoot their brain and deny the zombie team a hero!!!

That is awesome! I hadn't seen that yet. I love this! Definitely very thematically appropriate, as this is something you see happen all the time in zombie movies.