Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Angry Gamers
01-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Angry Gamers
I didn't know where else to post this so why not here?

Does anyone else game with someone who is just a terrible loser?
A buddy of mine that I play with gets really mad when he loses. He's constantly saying "I hate this game" and "this games sucks" no matter what game we're playing..unless he's winning or has won..then he loves them.

Last night we(my girlfriend he and i) were playing FanG and I had played a card that basically screwed him over during his winning move and let my girlfriend in to win the game. He immediately stormed off and said it was bullshit.

Does anyone else game with people that are terrible losers? I got spanked that game but still had a fun time losing.

If you do play with people like that how do you defuse the situation and get them to come back and play again?

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 04:24 PM by mqstout.)
RE: Angry Gamers
I distance myself from these people. I have encountered them though.

Caveat: Sometimes I can be a poor loser when playing Magic the Gathering, but only when I encounter decks/cards I think are cheap (andor use broken cards/tactics).

However, your story makes me wonder: Did you play that card simply to "kingmake" so your GF could win instead of him [ie, it really didn't help your position]? That's a different story. (And that's a no no!)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2013, 04:59 PM
(01-07-2013 04:24 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I distance myself from these people. I have encountered them though.

Caveat: Sometimes I can be a poor loser when playing Magic the Gathering, but only when I encounter decks/cards I think are cheap (andor use broken cards/tactics).

However, your story makes me wonder: Did you play that card simply to "kingmake" so your GF could win instead of him [ie, it really didn't help your position]? That's a different story. (And that's a no no!)

No I didn't haha it was the 'its a fake' card and they both were one move away from selling their artifacts for the win..it just so happened that he went first..if she had gone first I would have played it on her and he would have won..I mean either way it didn't help me out at all....does that make me a jerk? Zombie14

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Some of my friends are poor losers in games like Magic or WoWTCG card games but in board games are generally ok. I have to say LNoE is the only game I dont "mind" losing but i dont throw a fit when I lose in any game you just learn and play better next time. I see people get frustrated most when they lose games that are more about luck than strategy. They see no matter how good they play strategically if the lucks not there they lose and that frustrates people.
01-07-2013, 06:20 PM
I see. I would have still played it. It was your optimal play. Could have hoped he then had something to prevent her from winning and get the game to go another round.
01-07-2013, 06:55 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking...and why would I want to just sit there and do nothing anyways? Doesn't sound like much fun to me haha

01-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Not for Last Night on Earth... but things get heatef when we play RISK: Metal Gear Solid.
01-07-2013, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 09:57 PM by samuraitrev.)
I used to have a friend who was a terrible loser and once accused me of cheating when he lost but loved it when he was winning. I got rid of him...
01-07-2013, 09:58 PM
LOL! I hear ya! I have to admit, though, I have been pretty lucky in this department. I've yet to play with anybody really bad. Most people are very good sports and enjoy whether they win or lose. With this game, I LOVE it no matter whether I am winning or losing.

That said, my best friend and I play this from time to time. He isn't a big zombie fan (as I've said before, he doesn't dislike them, he just doesn't care), but he loves playing board games.

It's funny, though, because he does sometimes get a little bent out of shape when he is losing. LOL! But, I have to hand it to him. He doesn't let it get out of hand. You can just kind of tell he is getting a bit frustrated. But, he doesn't let it ruin the game, or start being rude or anything. Plus, he is one of those guys who, by the time the game is over, he realizes that he loved the game just for the fun of it, whether or not he won or lost. He is good peeps. ;-)
01-08-2013, 01:12 AM
I have a friend that calls "bullshit" on almost any time he gets hit when we are playing Super Smash bros for either N64 or Gamecube. It was really annoying at first but now its fun just to show no mercy Watchmen02