Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Animal Allies for AToE
01-06-2021, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2021 09:39 PM by samuraitrev.)
Painted Animal Allies for AToE
Hi all,
I thought I'd paint these up and I enjoyed painting them. Although there's hardly any detail in the sculpts. The Crow is from a different company and the detail is great on that one. Can't wait to use them. The next painting project is coming soon.

Both Dogs and the cat are from a company called DeeZee Miniatures (product code DZ29, you actually get 6 different animals in total for £6.50)
The crow is by a company called Reaper (product code Dark Heaven Legends 02969 Familiar Pack VIII you get 6 different animals for £8).

Pros and cons of these miniatures:
Pros: Great value (works out as) £1.20 or $1.63 per model
Realistic scale.
No building required
They look like the actual breeds of dogs Mastiff and Basset Hound
Can't fault the crow sculpt (it's perfect, it's even sat on a skull!)

Cons: Lots of clean up of flash required on mould lines with file/knife (especially with the large dog).
Minimal detail at all. Most of the detail, I've had to paint on to make the figs look better than they actually areWatchmen02. There's an attempt at muscle definition of the larger dog but it's pretty poor.

Overall, I would grade these miniatures 2/5 for the 3 Deezee figs
4/5 for the crow (I would have liked a sturdier base)
Conclusion: Great price and will do the job!

Please comment or ask any questions you may have.
Many thanks for looking and happy paintingWatchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply