Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another game report
12-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Another game report
played hold the manor game, and it didn't dissapoint. 5 man game, with the humans drawing the track star, the qb, the sherriff, and that dumb bi*ch Jenny.

What I noticed is that early on, the zombies really had their way. 7 or so turns in the zombies were getting in large clumps and making lots of progress holding up our efforts to search. The only one being sucessful was the sheriff, who held down the house by himself w/ a revovler and a baseball bat . Then the humans managed tofind a shotgun and a chainsaw, along w/ dynamite and gasoline. We stormed back into the house but their were so many zombies that two of us were killed quickly. In a desperation move w/ 6 turns left, we detonated both the dyno and the gas leaving the zombies a smoldering hulk (the z's had 9 right by the house, about to win the game)

The sherrif sacrificed himself leading two hero zombies and their cohorts away from the house, meaning one more death and the z's win.

They charged our wounded qb but a chainsaw welding priest showed up and saved the day.

Awesome game

What I learned: in defend the manor Ole betsy, explosives, revovlers, and chainsaws are a must. Also, always assume the z has a movement card, so be careful that he doesn't "steal a win" when you don't think he can. Finally, the only way to win this game is carefully choosing when to sacrifice heroes in order to lead large packs away.

Jenny did nothing but bleed the whole game, and whore around w/ all the guys.

Sheriff died w/ 13 kills!!!

I'm ordering my first expansion tomorrow. What should I get guys???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2010, 09:11 PM
RE: Another game report
I'd suggest getting Growing Hungers first. It introduces a lot of new rules that will be used in other expansions, and just offers way more than the others do. Not to mention the extra game boards are very nice.
Find all posts by this user
12-31-2010, 11:09 PM
RE: Another game report
Growing Hunger is a must... And a good choice if you are all about new rules and more action.

If you are more about learning the intricacies of learning the game, and adding a few new things at a time, I'd recommend the Web Exclusive Scenarios (all of them, including the free ones for download on FFP's site) and Hero Pack 1 first. Followed by Growing Hunger, Advanced Abilities, and then Survival of the Fittest.

I learned the game this way:

LNoE Base Game (Obviously)
(Free Web Downloads: All Hallows Eve; We've got to go back!)
Stock Up! Supplement
Revenge of the Dead Supplement
Zombie Pillage Supplement
Radioactive Grave Dead Supplement

Growing Hunger Expansion
(Free Web Downloads: Run for it!; All Hallows Eve II: The Ritual)
Hero Pack 1 Supplement

Zombies with Grave Weapons Supplement
Survival of the Fittest Supplement
Advanced Abilities Supplement

This adds a few new rules at a time before getting into major additions with Growing Hunger. Notice the fact I put them in 3 sections? That's because if I were to buy them now, this is the groupings I'd get them in at once.

Of course don't forget to pick up some extra minis and the deluxe soundtrack too. The Grave Weapons Zombies come in Radioactive (Crystal Green) and Plague (Red) too so they can be used with other rules. Also, the Black, Purple, Crystal Red and Crystal Blue regular zombies are nice to have as well for making your own rules.