Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Game Night Report from New Years Day!
01-02-2011, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2011 06:06 PM by Nebulon.)
First Game Night Report from New Years Day!
I invited Martin over from my gaming group to try a new game, LNoE ("Last Night on Earth"). Little did he know how challenging and addicting this game would be. He was jazzed about the game theme, and I've be psyched since I found out about the game, this is well before I was actually able to finally buy a copy of it earlier this week.

Martin arrived at 7:30PM and we got going at 8:00 and played 4 games (two player games all) by just a little after 1:00 AM. I had read the rules once and he was learning as he went. Both of us frequently checking the rules manual. To be able to do this in the time frame is exceptional. Martin and I are both veteran gamers, so not our first rodeo, but I must give credit to the designers because this game is fun, plays well, and goes quick, it is exactly the kind of game our group needs on game nights. I am expecting the speed of play to slow down with 5-6 of our group playing. They are a chatty bunch. But should still work great.

Now on with the report: Game one- "Die Zombies, Die!l" Basic Game, 2 player. I had the Zombies first, Martin the Heroes. He drew Sheriff, Billy, Sally, and Jake.

11 Zombies seemed to appear out of nowhere all over Woodinvale all at once. The Zombie hordes came on strong, and the kids (Sally and Billy) were pinned in the High School before they could act, forcing the Drifter to abandon the town center for support at the High school. That's when the Zombies cut the power and it was lights out in the High School which made it hard for our Heroes to realize that now new Zombies were spawning just inside the Gym a few steps away. Sally was a move away from the door and Billy was at the door and looking to leave. The Drifter sacrificed himself so the kids could make a break for it. Elsewhere two other unoccupied buildings were taken over by Zombies. The Sheriff was having some success searching for supplies when he got pinned in the Aircraft hanger by two hungry mobs of Zombies. He got out of the Hanger just to be pulled to the ground and engulfed by the ravenous mob of Zombies that had formed there. Only a couple handfuls of Zombies had met their end and sun down was well off as Zombies poured in from all directions in victory.

Game two- "Die Zombies, Die!l" Basic Game, 2 player. Martin had the Zombies, and I the Heroes. I drew Sheriff, Billy, Jenny, and Father Joseph.

Sheriff Anderson quickly grabbed supplies prior to rushing out the door of his office to see what was the matter in Woodinvale. Father Joseph made haste out of the Church just as the cause of the commotion shambled into view. Zombies flowed out the church behind him as if they were spawning there. Looking to support the youngsters Father rallied with Jenny and Billy at the edge of the town square. Once together they ducked into the Gun store and everyone had some luck gathering supplies and learning tactics. Moving and taking pot shots with a revolver, Billy proved better runner than shooter and ran out of ammo skirting around the edge of town to avoid the hordes filling the town center. Jenny with the shotgun and Joseph with ammo followed him. The Sheriff spotted Billy rushing out of Gun store and was skirting around the edge of town the other way when, like father like son, he ran out of ammo taking pot shots at Zombies. All the Heroes met up at the Hospital and Billy, the Sheriff, and Jenny searched for something they could use to stop the advance of undead. Father Joseph did get the ammo to the Sheriff only to have him run out again. But Zombies continued to advance pinning the Sheriff without ammo. Billy and father Joseph escaped the Hospital but were quickly engaged by Zombies. The Sheriff now a goner succumbed to an increasing mob of Zombies in the hospital . Jenny had her first opportunity to use the shotgun she acquired when she met with disaster. After dispatching just one fifthly Zombie attacking Billy, Jenny was out of ammo. Things were looking grim and Jenny tried to escape thru the town center miscalculating the number and distance of the Zombies approaching. She stumbled and was engulfed by Zombies in a flood of horror. A pitiful few Zombies had met their demise and sun down was near as our Heroes had survived longer this time but still failed to meet their objectives in defeat.

[Image: First_Game_set_up.jpg]

more...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply