Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another idea - Use for the alternative colored zombies
02-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Another idea - Use for the alternative colored zombies
I posted a thread not too long ago about ideas for possible custom powers to assign to each of the alternative colored zombies that are available as web exclusives on the Flying Frog website. As you may know, they offer black, purple, crystal red, and crystal blue zombies.

They have no real purpose. They are just offered for collectors, I suppose, who just feel like having varied colors for their zombies.

Recently, I had a game night with my gaming buddy who owns this game along with every single expansion. We used the Grave Weapon zombies for the first time. The ability to turn some of your zombies into Grave Weapon zombies comes (along with tokens to use) from the Survival of the Fittest expansion. You can also get the separate Zombies with Grave Weapons miniatures expansion. However, not all of the Grave Weapons types have a miniature.

So, that led me to thinking... you could probably use the alternative color zombies to signify Grave Weapon zombies! For example:

- Blood Splatter could be represented by the crystal red zombies
- Freshly Dead (Or was it Newly Dead for Grave Weapons?) could be represented by the purple zombies
- Stench of Death could be represented by the black zombies

I couldn't remember if there are any other Grave Weapon types that don't have miniatures. I don't yet own SOTF or the miniatures myself. However, this is one example of how you could actually make practical use of the alternate color zombies. ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2013, 03:59 PM
RE: Another idea - Use for the alternative colored zombies
I think that's a really good idea. The only downside is having to buy alll the different sets, but if people can afford it they might just go for this.
02-07-2013, 09:16 PM
(02-07-2013 03:59 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I think that's a really good idea. The only downside is having to buy alll the different sets, but if people can afford it they might just go for this.

Oh yeah, I definitely wouldn't consider it a must type of thing. After all, that is why you have the tokens in SOTF, so you don't HAVE to have new miniatures to represent them at all if you don't want to do so.

So, more so I was thinking it would be the sort of thing you'd do if you happened to have the other colored zombies anyway. Or, such as in my case, you eventually want to collect all of them anyway, so this would just give you something cool to do with them once you have them. To give them an actual purpose.

I LOVE collecting, and I LOVE miniatures. So, personally, I was planning to eventually get literally EVERYTHING you can for this game, including all the alternative miniatures. Just for the sake of having a full collection, because I just love to collect.

So, I figured eventually I would buy myself all the alternate miniatures, either when I randomly wanted to buy something for my game without it adding too much at the time, or if I had already collected everything else. So, I think it would be really cool and fun to come up with actual reasons to use them. :-)

Once I have everything, I'm going to have to come up with some kind of amazingly epic and brutal scenario to involve literally everything it possibly could (Grave Dead, Grave Weapons, Radioactive Grave Dead, and all sorts of fun goodies). It would obviously be intended for the hardcore fan of this game, since it would probably be pretty involved and require a pretty good understanding of the game and all expansions. I'd also have to be sure to really balance it out so it wasn't just a complete and hopeless massacre of the heroes. But, it would just be really cool to see all those different types and colors of zombies crawling all over the board. LOL!
02-08-2013, 03:28 AM
I've adapted a system for the missing grave weapons similar to this suggestion and I think it's gets great use of out of the variety of colors. Plus having all these colors allows for all kinds of house rules and general mayhem to be implemented to customize each scenario over and over. Kudos for the suggestion!
02-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Coolio! Neat to hear somebody is already using this, or at least something similar. Which different color zombies do you have?