Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another question...
08-12-2008, 02:44 AM
Another question...
I just added GROWING HUNGER to the mix, and have a question about the HERO DECK.

The rules are pretty clear that once the last card of the HERO deck has been discarded, the game is over and the Zombies win.

But, first with the addition of the 'advanced' game, and now with the 25 more of the GH expansion, how would this ever happen?

Are you supposed to just keep adding additional cards to the deck in this way....so with all three 20 basic, 20 advanced, and 25 GH...that's 65 cards in the deck?

Or, am I supposed to cut the deck back somehow?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2008, 03:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2008 03:49 AM by mqstout.)
RE: Another question...
I'd thought about this as well. However, I've had it nearly happen (down to 10 or so). Of course, that was when Jake was around and rearing his ugly head. My group finds that the zombies usually have the edge as it is, so the zombie player losing one win condition is not significant. (Most often, the zombies win by default by killing a total of four heroes...)
08-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Like mqstout said, zombies mostly win by killing 4 heroes unless the mission states otherwise.

I think the empty pile rule is just in there to prevent hero players to stay put (in some scenarios) and just search and search the pile untill they become invincible. Since I added GH we haven't had any more depleted piles but with the standard game we did have it quite allot. Especialy when that zombiecard (I forgot the name) comes up where you can discard 10 hero cards.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
08-12-2008, 06:48 PM
yeah, I didn't think it was a huge deal, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a rule that says "Only 25 cards per hero deck" or something similar.

Thanks fellers!