Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any Castlevania fans?
07-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Any Castlevania fans?
Ive been writing down some notes for a Castlevania varient of AToE. Seems like the 2 would mix together perfectly. Anyone else have any interest in this?

http://www.youtube.com/user/MythosGamer/videos
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2012, 07:41 PM
RE: Any Castlevania fans?
(07-05-2012 07:17 PM)MythosGamer Wrote:  Ive been writing down some notes for a Castlevania varient of AToE. Seems like the 2 would mix together perfectly. Anyone else have any interest in this?

I loved the Castlevania Lords of Shadow game for the PS3. I Platinumed and 100%'d it. I think you've got a good idea there. Unfortunately I don't own AToE but plenty of others do.
07-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I loved the Castlevania Lords of Shadow game for the PS3. I Platinumed and 100%'d it. I think you've got a good idea there. Unfortunately I don't own AToE but plenty of others do.
[/quote]

Lol, Im actually a few trophies away from getting my platinum too. I was thinking about using the Lords of Shadow time period for my varient, but there are so many cool characters in the Castlevania universe I may just mix them all together.

07-06-2012, 07:04 AM
I have played lots of castlevania titles, from Gameboy to NES, SNES, GBA, PS and now playing the LoS on Xbox360
I dont have AToE but it would be cool to do it mate, one more reason to think about getting it
07-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I can certainly see it fitting in well with the atmosphere from 2 and 3, between the villages that go 'bad' at night, to having a 'reformed' vampire join your efforts to kill another vampire, there is certainly plenty of room for crossover. And heck, Order of Ecclessia/Symphony of the Night even takes place in roughly the same time frame.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2012, 08:23 PM
(07-06-2012 07:12 PM)ReluctantlyHuman Wrote:  I can certainly see it fitting in well with the atmosphere from 2 and 3, between the villages that go 'bad' at night, to having a 'reformed' vampire join your efforts to kill another vampire, there is certainly plenty of room for crossover. And heck, Order of Ecclessia/Symphony of the Night even takes place in roughly the same time frame.

With what Ive got started Im pulling mostly from 3, SotN, and LoS. Im going to be doing some investigator, villain, and general card replacements first just to get the atmosphere. Then Ill start adding in some custom stuff. This way if people want to just plat AToE with a Castlevania theme its already available using prebalanced pieces from FFP. I even have some ideas for another board but that will prob have to come later lol.