Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any cool Sci-Fi games?
11-20-2012, 03:27 AM
Any cool Sci-Fi games?
Does anyone know of a good Sci-fi game?

- Something maybe with Co-op or solo potential?
- Any chance on something with different type of scenarios?
- Something with tiles instead of a map?
- Maybe with a bit of RPG (like AToE or Arkham Horror)

And IfOS and CoPE dont count. I mean something that doesnt take place on earth. Another planet, space, ship, space station, colony, something different.

Only thing I came up with is something like Doom or Space Hulk.

Any suggestions?

Too bad Flying Frog didnt make a Star Wars board game huh?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2012, 08:36 AM
RE: Any cool Sci-Fi games?
(11-20-2012 03:27 AM)wisdomknight Wrote:  Does anyone know of a good Sci-fi game?

- Something maybe with Co-op or solo potential?
- Any chance on something with different type of scenarios?
- Something with tiles instead of a map?
- Maybe with a bit of RPG (like AToE or Arkham Horror)

Have you tried Twilight Imperium? I'm not much of a sci-fi gamer but did like Battlestar Galactica but TI sounds really kewl. Not really FFP like but worth checking out! Zombie03

(11-20-2012 03:27 AM)wisdomknight Wrote:  Too bad Flying Frog didnt make a Star Wars board game huh?

How about a custom scenario for LNoE? With a little photoshopping you could turn your boards into the forest floor on Endor. Watchmen02 The heroes could be Stormtroopers fighting to escape the twisted rebellious Ewoks that keep spawning from under trees and bushes.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
11-20-2012, 09:41 AM
'Battlestations' sounds kind of like what you're looking for, also the upcoming 'Space Cadets', and a fairly obscure one called 'The Artifact', which is being reissued via kickstarter.
Find all posts by this user
11-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Twilight imperium...
11-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys, checking them out now.
11-20-2012, 07:20 PM
I got "Level 7: Escape" a few weeks ago & haven't played it yet. Sounds a lot like what you're looking for in terms of tiles, scenarios, etc. Opinions are widely torn on it. I like the looks of it. The game play seems like it should be simple, but the rules are a bit opaque as reported.

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
11-20-2012, 07:33 PM
(11-20-2012 07:20 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I got "Level 7: Escape" a few weeks ago & haven't played it yet. Sounds a lot like what you're looking for in terms of tiles, scenarios, etc. Opinions are widely torn on it. I like the looks of it. The game play seems like it should be simple, but the rules are a bit opaque as reported.

not bad looking...
11-20-2012, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2012 08:23 PM by samuraitrev.)
I've always loved Space Hulk. I recently painted some Terminators for this game.
You fight your way through huge derelict ships fighting these horrible aliens caled Genestealers who (if landing on a planet) can infect the entire world. The only remedy is planetary bombardment and destruction.

The game uses corridor sections (same as Descent) and you will have various missions to complete. The mechanics are solid and the rules are easy to pick up. But don't be fooled this game has great depth and lots of strategy is required to play well. Go have a look. The only downside is it's hard to pick up nowadays.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

11-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Level 7 is basically Zombies!!!, but evolved to more modern (and better) sensibilities. Overall it plays quite similarly. Sometimes you work together, sometimes you don't. In the end, it doesn't matter who makes it out as long as you do.
11-20-2012, 09:37 PM
It is not out yet, but I backed it on Kickstarter because it had a really solid back-story and it felt like the creator took a lot of time to create it. It has a lot of promise:

Sedition Wars